$10 NLHE 6-max: $10 NLHE 6-max:

J

jer0en72

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Hand #221836703835: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2020/12/25 22:42:30 CET [2020/12/25 16:42:30 ET]
Table 'Admete IV' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: almadhwahi ($11.09 in chips)
Seat 2: 7yo7go7 ($9.90 in chips)
Seat 3: _PJB_ ($10.27 in chips)
Seat 4: bexenbex66 ($13.72 in chips)
Seat 5: Santoro112 ($10.59 in chips)
Seat 6: milap0ker ($20.94 in chips)
milap0ker: posts small blind $0.05
almadhwahi: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to milap0ker [Ad As]
7yo7go7: folds
_PJB_: folds
bexenbex66: folds
Santoro112: raises $0.15 to $0.25
milap0ker: raises $0.65 to $0.90
almadhwahi: folds
Santoro112: calls $0.65
*** FLOP *** [3s Qc Ts]
milap0ker: checks
Santoro112: checks
*** TURN *** [3s Qc Ts] 8♣
milap0ker: bets $1
Santoro112: calls $1
*** RIVER *** [3s Qc Ts 8c] A♥
milap0ker: bets $2.05
Santoro112: raises $6.64 to $8.69 and is all-in
milap0ker: calls $6.64

My thinking was as follows: flop doesn't scare me in the least so I check to give him some rope. He doesn't bite so on the turn I have to put some money in to build the pot. To be honest I snap called the river shove but now I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't have been so sure it was a steal. Am I wrong in calling here?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet flop, bet flop, bet flop.....

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 3 bet pre and sizing. I can see why you may want to check this flop at some frequency when we block the nut flush draw but with two Broadway cards OOP in a 3 bet pot, just bet it for value. It's not a bad result to take it down on the flop. I'd go about half pot since V should be able to continue with much of their range. Turn bet is fine, may have gone a tad larger if I checked flop. River is pretty gross. V definitely has 4 combos of KJs, maybe another 4 combos of J9s if he's not folding to 3 bets much. If he's wide enough to peel with KJo and J9o then he probably has enough two pair combos and undersets to call it off. I think it's tough to get away from this river. Had we gone bet / bet, we could x/c river but the result is likely the same. In general I'm fine with stacking off 106 BB with top set when so few combos beat us given our line.

J

jer0en72

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 3 bet pre and sizing. I can see why you may want to check this flop at some frequency when we block the nut flush draw but with two Broadway cards OOP in a 3 bet pot, just bet it for value. It's not a bad result to take it down on the flop. I'd go about half pot since V should be able to continue with much of their range. Turn bet is fine, may have gone a tad larger if I checked flop. River is pretty gross. V definitely has 4 combos of KJs, maybe another 4 combos of J9s if he's not folding to 3 bets much. If he's wide enough to peel with KJo and J9o then he probably has enough two pair combos and undersets to call it off. I think it's tough to get away from this river. Had we gone bet / bet, we could x/c river but the result is likely the same. In general I'm fine with stacking off 106 BB with top set when so few combos beat us given our line.

Thanks for the replies guys! To be honest I didn't even see the KJ draw until he showed me on the end, was too busy celebrating my top set....

The reason I didn't bet the flop is that I see V fold so much there that I think I'm leaving money on the table (i.e. not getting enough value). I should have know the KJ and J9 combo's were in his range seeing he's a reg on these stakes and has some pretty good stats. Oh wel....

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a 3 bet pot, with that flop, there are so many hands with which villain can continue that it makes sense to start building the pot then.