CO: $10.08 (101 bb)
BU: $22.56 (226 bb)
SB: $10.85 (109 bb)
BB (Hero): $9.35 (94 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Q 7
UTG raises to $0.25, 4 players fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop:
($0.55) 6 Q 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $0.85, UTG raises to $17.54 (all-in), BB (Hero) folds

I quite liked my x/r on the flop until he blasted it in...... I feel this shove is only ever a set - likely range that does this is QQ/88/66 plus AA/KK and AcKc, maybe Tc9c but that's pushing it. Any thoughts?

I'm getting 44% pot odds on the call but couldn't get a feel for my actual odds against that range at the table - turns out if my ranging was correct I had about 44-46% (depnding on including T9 or not.

If he's only doing this with sets I'm more like 33% and it's a good fold, but struggling to know what they're ever doing this with at 10NL. On reflection this could also have been an AA that was pissed it didn't see a 3bet pre-flop and wanted to stack off before another club came out

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Pre- Marginal call depending on rake.

*Pre-pre- Please play with 100bb stacks!!!

Flop- V bets quite big here. With this holding I'd prefer a flat, since a XR doesn't accomplish too much. You have some clear value (sets, 2 pair) and clear bluffs (straight and flush draws) and this hand is in the middle.

Since you have so much equity it can never be that bad, but just from a strategy framework I prefer a call.

But V jams on you. I bet it's a break even call, probably losing with rake... and I'm being generous and giving V :ah4::ac4: and :kd4::kc4: here along with his sets, seems like you considered this as well.

10nl flop 3-bets are never bluffs, and often nutted or strong hands that feel they need the protection. (No data to prove this, just many a buy-in lost!)

So good fold.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am calling here. I have seen homies do this crap with AA and KK. QQ is unlikely since you have a Q, and top set is probably not gonna shove here and fold out hands he can extract more value from.

Does he open with 66 and 88 from UTG? If he does, ok then. You take notes on him.

Against anything else you are in decent shape at least.

If you are unwilling to get it all in on a dream flop, why are you calling with Q7 suited? Just fold preflop if you gonna fold to aggression. And if you can't take the heat, why check raise him? If I check raise in this spot my intention is to get it all in.

If you aren't willing, then just call down and only raise if you make your flush. That weak raise isn't gonna fold out anybody. If he calls you what is your plan on the turn and river?

I just don't understand these kinds of half hearted plays. Either you throw away crappy hands preflop or you stick with it after you hit the board as strongly as you can hope for.

I see guys inflate pots and then fold. Great way to contribute chips to the other player's stack.