Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
I have Jh8s on BB. UTG open limps, fold, fold, fold, SB calls, I check.

Dream 10h9h7c flop.

I lead out with 23c bet into 28c pot (net of rake). Both call.

Turn's 10d. I bet pot. 94c into 94c. I figure that 2 pairs would have raised on the flop, so I am not too worried about a T7 T9 full house. A slow played flopped set would be ugly for me, but I am thinking build the pot now and punish the flush dr. UTG calls and SB folds.

River is 4h.

Damn. I was more concerned of a flush than a FH. And the flush has completed.

I check.

UTG bets pot. $2.72.

Can't fold it at this point. Called.

Did I misplay on any street?

AcAs. Didn't see that coming.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big fan of the lead on the flop.
Turn looks like a good over-bet spot imo. As you still have a lot of bluffs too.
River decision I would base on notes on the opponent. Vs unknown call seems balanced.
Personally I don't see anything misplayed, but notes/tag on opponent would of been useful.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Rough spot on the river, I think I probably fold as after calling two big bets I would expect villain to have a flush draw that made it or a full house. Sure he might of raised off a full house on the turn but IP he could be slow playing it.

I would expect villain to check behind most Tx, so when he pots it, it's difficult to put him on a hand, perhaps QJ that missed but you would expect a fold on the turn. What other bluffs are there? 98 or J9? I dont hate a call as we are inviting bluffs and making it look like we fear the flush by checking, but I probably fold on balance.

Of course in this instance villain makes an atrocious play and a call works fine, make sure to tag him as a fish!

T

Tony_McTony

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Rough spot on the river, I think I probably fold as after calling two big bets I would expect villain to have a flush draw that made it or a full house. Sure he might of raised off a full house on the turn but IP he could be slow playing it.

I would expect villain to check behind most Tx, so when he pots it, it's difficult to put him on a hand, perhaps QJ that missed but you would expect a fold on the turn. What other bluffs are there? 98 or J9? I dont hate a call as we are inviting bluffs and making it look like we fear the flush by checking, but I probably fold on balance.

Of course in this instance villain makes an atrocious play and a call works fine, make sure to tag him as a fish!
I would probably fold on the river here as well. Villain really seems to thinks their hand is good and if villain is a good player they would not consider two pair to be good here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
No reason to raise this hand, a free look at the flop is perfect.

Flop
I would be more likely to check this from SB, but from BB you only have the original limper to potentially bet, and its a disaster, if it gets checked through. So I also like this lead with the nuts.

Turn
I agree, that sets or two pair would usually not slowplay such a wet board, so I still think, you have the best hand. So I would also bet for value, but I might have gone a bit smaller than full pot. When you go this large on a paired board, they might start to fold out draws, which is not, what we want. Especially not the 8X straightdraw, which is basically drawing dead, since you have the straight already.

River
Its not ideal, that the flushdraw completed, but I dont think, we can narrow his range down to just flushes. You also have Jh blocking some flush combos like AJ, KJ and QJ. I kind of want to make a small bet for value here targeting hands like TX, or whatever gets sticky and dont believe you. But the problem is, a small bet after betting full pot on the turn might look weak and induce a bluff-raise, and I dont want to have to call a raise here. So as played I am ok with checking now. Unfortunately he bet full pot, and this suck. However this is the micros, and I dont think, we can rule out, that some players might overplay trips, or once in a while he could be on a wild bluff. So especially with a heart in your hand I do agree, that this is a sigh-call.

Results
So he had AA. I certainly did not see that coming either. But thats why, we cannot fold strong hands like this in the micros. There is just to much stuff like this going on, where someone dont understand the relative strength of their hand or the reasons for betting.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'd only add that utg can actually have some very strong hands there- not all sets/2 pair raise on the floor, especially since you bet so big multi.

Leading out of is the way to go too, esp. if these guys just aren't folding a pair. Nh

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I elect to play more GTO when I check hands that comes to the BB. For example, I own 72 from the BB and have checked after limp/limpers. The flop would come 227, 772, or even 222 or 777. What do I do? I do check, because this is what I do almost a 100% of times when it comes in check to the BB.
I give the chance for my opponents to build the pot for me; when I am wrong I don’t make the pot grow, because pot control is one of the few things we can really reign on when playing poker.
I am not saying that you are wrong by checking and leading from the BB, I just have another perspective when I’m playing checked pots like these.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I elect to play more GTO when I check hands that comes to the BB. For example, I own 72 from the BB and have checked after limp/limpers. The flop would come 227, 772, or even 222 or 777. What do I do? I do check, because this is what I do almost a 100% of times when it comes in check to the BB.
I give the chance for my opponents to build the pot for me; when I am wrong I don’t make the pot grow, because pot control is one of the few things we can really reign on when playing poker.
I am not saying that you are wrong by checking and leading from the BB, I just have another perspective when I’m playing checked pots like these.
Yes , you check and you check again if you have to.

Full Flush Poker