Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The wsop has released the dates of the 50th world series of poker Main Event, along with seven other very notable events, including The Big 50 that will kick off the series on May 30.

A $500 buy-in (no rake), 50,000 starting stack, 50 minute levels, with a $5 million guarantee, The Big 50 is the serious poker player's dream and will surely draw record levels of participants. Among the other events announced is the popular Millionaire Maker, Monster Stack, and Crazy Eight's making a comeback this summer.

You can check out all the details so far on the WSOP website. So...what are YOUR summer plans?

Save the Date Carousel Graphic

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sigh... that Big 50 is disrupting my WSOP plans in a big way lol. What a dream tournament.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Jesus... First place sounds tempting:)

Last edited:
B

Bertie Wooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The WSOP has released the dates of the 50th World Series of Poker Main Event, along with seven other very notable events, including The Big 50 that will kick off the series on May 30.

A $500 buy-in (no rake), 50,000 starting stack, 50 minute levels, with a $5 million guarantee, The Big 50 is the serious poker player's dream and will surely draw record levels of participants. Among the other events announced is the popular Millionaire Maker, Monster Stack, and Crazy Eight's making a comeback this summer.

You can check out all the details so far on the WSOP website. So...what are YOUR summer plans?

View attachment 226265

I REALLY want to play the Razz this year...have never played Razz in a tourney, so waiting for the rest of the schedule to come out.

Hoping to satty in to the main event (haven't played it since the awful Jamie Gold year) and considering the June 13th & 14th $1k tourneys. The "Seniors" (50+, as I will be 53 at the time) and the "doublestack" 1K the next day, the 14th.

Have a good friend playing the main event, so gonna try to get there for that.

The Big 50 is a rarity at the wsop because most of the lower buy-in events have pretty bad structures. It's actually much better vale to play one of the parallel ourneys at the aVentian or somewhere. There are so many GREAT tournament series running alongside the wsop with great structures and lower-but good- buyine from $250-1K.

Best of luck. Hope to run in to some of you in Vegas this summer.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I REALLY want to play the Razz this year...have never played Razz in a tourney, so waiting for the rest of the schedule to come out.

Hoping to satty in to the main event (haven't played it since the awful Jamie Gold year) and considering the June 13th & 14th $1k tourneys. The "Seniors" (50+, as I will be 53 at the time) and the "doublestack" 1K the next day, the 14th.

The Big 50 is a rarity at the wsop because most of the lower buy-in events have pretty bad structures. It's actually much better vale to play one of the parallel ourneys at the aVentian or somewhere. There are so many GREAT tournament series running alongside the wsop with great structures and lower-but good- buyine from $250-1K.

Sounds like a great plan! I know from following Debi's Vegas trips that there are TONS of "other" tournaments and series running during that time. So it's a great time to for poker players to be in Vegas. :D

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The dream to play in Las Vegas.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm going to try and make it to Vegas to play in the Big 50 this year. Seems to be more likely to do it this year than it has been in previous years... but it depends on what happens between now and then. I may make it to Vegas in March, coincidentally around the time that the WSOP circuit plays at Bally's... so I'm going to try and play there and see what happens.
Sigh... that Big 50 is disrupting my WSOP plans in a big way lol. What a dream tournament.

That really sucks!

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes, that event is shuffling my plans. Plus disaster$ the past 2 summers. I think I will go out at the end of May for Big 50. Then depending on things stay for Seniors mid-month, or come back for that or the Main Event and the Ladies' stuff around the Fourth of July. Thank goodness for the early schedule hint!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I read an article that suggests there's some big shake ups in the structures of the lower buyins this year & that they will be making them similar to the others now.

I'm hoping to spend 10days there this year but this will greatly depend on the health of family members as we have had some recent terrible news :(

B

Bertie Wooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read an article that suggests there's some big shake ups in the structures of the lower buyins this year & that they will be making them similar to the others now.

I'm hoping to spend 10days there this year but this will greatly depend on the health of family members as we have had some recent terrible news :(

I am really sorry to hear that, but I hope you enjoy the W So P. A good friend of mine is heading out for the 1st time and he has somewhere around 3 to 5 years to live. It's been a dream of his to get out there and play the main event for a long time .

I'm not sure I will still be there at the main event Because I wanna play a couple of earlier events but I'm hoping it works out so that I can be there when he is there.

Here is hoping for the best to your family

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely playing the Colossus. Will also try to satellite into other events.

WSOP