WSOP 2019 CardsChat Team Event Discussion Thread

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We still don't have a full schedule yet - but we have a lot of the "special" type events. Once the full schedule is announced we will select an event for our annual CardsChat wsop Team event. (For those who don't know we pay a small portion of the entry fee - usually $160-200ish and have a last longer prize - usually $400-500ish).

WSOP Preliminary Schedule

I want to get some preliminary input from people who might attend and participate on which event would work best for you. At the end of the day it has to work with my schedule of course - but at this point it is a tough decision for me.

BIG50 May 30th June 4th or 5th - $500 entry fee (no rake on 1st entry) 50k chips with 60 min levels - this is a dream tournament that I hate to miss. It will likely be a 6 day tournament with 4 Day 1's - which is a long time for some members to commit to. There is no other WSOP tournament I would really be interested in if I went for this - and it is at the worst possible time for me since I just return from an 8 day trip a few days before it starts. However - I am concerned that if I don't use this event a lot of CC members may end of participating in it and miss the team event later.

Tag Team Event June 24 - $1k entry split between 2-4 players. Lots of reasons to love this one - it is actually a real team event. It is the only tournament so far where everyone would start at the same time and we would all be there together. It could be loads of fun. I think it only runs for 2-3 days.

Colossus June 26/27 - $400 entry with 2 start dates so prob a 3-4 day event. Much smaller than last year and the smallest entry fee would make it very appealing for CC members on a budget.

The good thing about the last 2 is that there are multiple great events within the same week or so. The Ladies event is June 20th, the Monster Stack is June 21/22, the $888 is June 28-30 and a new mystery Mini Main is July 1.

Would love to hear from some potential participants!

Last edited:
gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play in any or all of the above. I plan on taking 3-4 trips in June and early July. I do think the tag team event would be a lot of fun.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play in any or all of the above. I plan on taking 3-4 trips in June and early July. I do think the tag team event would be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the feedback!

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Debi, Thanks for alerting me to this!
I can't find the tournament structure sheets for the games. Can anyone direct me to where I can find them?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debi, Thanks for alerting me to this!
I can't find the tournament structure sheets for the games. Can anyone direct me to where I can find them?

They are not available yet and probably won't be until the full schedule is released.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They are not available yet and probably won't be until the full schedule is released.

No wonder I couldn't find them. Thanks, Debi.

I probably won't go this year, but I am always tempted and sometimes end up there even when I don't plan on it.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preference would be the Big50 or the Tag Team but all sound fun! I love doing WSOP Team Cards Chat!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Tag Team Event sounds incredible! Maybe ask Ryan LaPlante or Jeff Gross to participate with CardsChat during the event! Great publicity for the forum and all involved! The dates in June seem easier than the last of May for most folks to participate I would think?

I enjoyed playing in the Colossus but would like to try something different this year. Maybe some satellites into the Main Event? :) Let's Go!!!

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mini main sounds awesome! 1k buy in, 60k starting stack and has the same feel as the main! Great way to get prepped up if you plan on playing.

I also like the sounds of the big 50. I'm down with whatever everyone else thinks this year. Millionaire maker sounds sweet but i believe that's a 1500 buy in- I'm not big on the tag team events but will partake if we decided to do something along those lines(I think Rob may be on to something with his ideas). I'm Interested to see what everyone else is thinking! CC gonna crush in 2019!!

List of latest events confirmed for 2019
http://www.wsop.com/m/news/?newsID=...IZED-FOR-50th-ANNUAL-WSOP&Year=2019&Month=Jan

Schedule
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019/01/wsop-announces-1000-mini-main-event-33062.htm

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Tag Team Event sounds incredible! Maybe ask Ryan LaPlante or Jeff Gross to participate with CardsChat during the event! Great publicity for the forum and all involved! The dates in June seem easier than the last of May for most folks to participate I would think?

I enjoyed playing in the Colossus but would like to try something different this year. Maybe some satellites into the Main Event? :) Let's Go!!!

They will be playing in whichever event it is - but for the tag team would have their own non-CC teams which CC teams would try to beat.

The mini main sounds awesome! 1k buy in, 60k starting stack and has the same feel as the main! Great way to get prepped up if you plan on playing.

I also like the sounds of the big 50. I'm down with whatever everyone else thinks this year. Millionaire maker sounds sweet but i believe that's a 1500 buy in- I'm not big on the tag team events but will partake if we decided to do something along those lines(I think Rob may be on to something with his ideas). I'm Interested to see what everyone else is thinking! CC gonna crush in 2019!!

List of latest events confirmed for 2019
http://www.wsop.com/m/news/?newsID=...IZED-FOR-50th-ANNUAL-WSOP&Year=2019&Month=Jan

Schedule
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019/01/wsop-announces-1000-mini-main-event-33062.htm

Oh wow - the theme seems to be bigger stacks for everyone!

If I go, it will be to play the Big 50 for sure :)

It sounds so amazing - but a bit less amazing after seeing the starting stacks for some of the other tournaments. It is still the best one - but the others are so close.

I just wish this one was a bit later - will be so hard for me to pull it off with my schedule. :(

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It sounds so amazing - but a bit less amazing after seeing the starting stacks for some of the other tournaments. It is still the best one - but the others are so close.

I just wish this one was a bit later - will be so hard for me to pull it off with my schedule. :(
Well since I'm going to Vegas in March for 10 days its why I said if I go, this one will fit my budget if I work really hard and stay inside my comfort zone for spendings. If not I won't be going :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll be playing 3 local tournaments (all less than 40 players) in early May that award a WSOP ME package. If I win 1 of those then obviously I'll be in Vegas for that. If I don't make it then the Big 50 is a very big possibility but if the CC team event is the Colossus then that would weigh heavily for me to bypass the Big 50.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vegas is (sort of) on our way North to Alaska for the summer months to escape the Palm Springs desert heat. If we leave in early June we could make the early event/s and then hustle after playing.

We have also been considering an earlier than normal departure and we would be going through Vegas too early to play.

Will keep watching this for dates ....

JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure when I'll be going. I played the tag team event last year with 2 friends. It has unnecessary pressures and dynamics where it could happen that not every teammate plays a hand if 1st member is eliminated early.

So I think 500 event or 400 colossus is better. Probably colossus is best with the timing later in June after school is done everywhere and closer to the main event and ladies.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to ask if unibet will have qualifying tournaments for this nice and exciting event?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would prefer the big 50 or the tag team event. I know it’s terrible for your schedule but it’s my instinct that a lot of people are going to consider the big50 a “can’t miss” event and if they only have one wsop trip that will be it.

However, we will have a much more visible presence in the smaller fields of the tag team event. And a better chance for the positive publicity that comes from running deep.

I will probably make 3 trips total so I can make anything work and I’d love to participate.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll be playing 3 local tournaments (all less than 40 players) in early May that award a WSOP ME package. If I win 1 of those then obviously I'll be in Vegas for that. If I don't make it then the Big 50 is a very big possibility but if the CC team event is the Colossus then that would weigh heavily for me to bypass the Big 50.

Would love for you to play with us!

Vegas is (sort of) on our way North to Alaska for the summer months to escape the Palm Springs desert heat. If we leave in early June we could make the early event/s and then hustle after playing.

We have also been considering an earlier than normal departure and we would be going through Vegas too early to play.

Will keep watching this for dates ....

You too!!!!

I'm not sure when I'll be going. I played the tag team event last year with 2 friends. It has unnecessary pressures and dynamics where it could happen that not every teammate plays a hand if 1st member is eliminated early.

So I think 500 event or 400 colossus is better. Probably colossus is best with the timing later in June after school is done everywhere and closer to the main event and ladies.

Yep - been talking to others and about ready to rule out the team event for those reasons.

I would prefer the big 50 or the tag team event. I know it’s terrible for your schedule but it’s my instinct that a lot of people are going to consider the big50 a “can’t miss” event and if they only have one wsop trip that will be it.

However, we will have a much more visible presence in the smaller fields of the tag team event. And a better chance for the positive publicity that comes from running deep.

I will probably make 3 trips total so I can make anything work and I’d love to participate.

I was originally excited about the idea of the tag team event - but for some of the CC members the team event would be their only WSOP event of the year - and to risk them either not playing at all or only a few hands I think is too much. It would be a hell of note to get all excited about going to Vegas for this event - and then a member of your team busts before you even get to play a hand.

Which leaves us with the Big 50 and the Colossus. I really want to go later because it is better for my schedule and enables me to play in about 3 WSOP events.

But I hear you - everyone is going to want to play in the Big50 and I really hate to miss it myself. I wish it were a long weekend instead of 6 days - I would probably just go play in it then head back later in June. But it would take too many days meaning it would have to be my only trip.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to ask if Unibet will have qualifying tournaments for this nice and exciting event?

Highly unlikely - but none of us can check cause we can't play there. :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So now Big 50 or Colossus:

Big 50 $500 entry:

Incredible structure
No rake on 1st entry
Could be a can't miss event for some
Huge field so less visibility
Long event - some can't stay that long
Would be only bracelet event for me and some others
Terrible timing for me

Colossus $400 entry:

lowest bracelet buy-in
Great structure this year but not as good as Big50
Smaller field so better for exposure
Shorter event better for some CC members
I and maybe more other team members could play in multiple bracelet events
Way better timing for me

Still no decision made lol. And by the way - the reason the timing for me is worthy of making it on the list is that I pull this all together and run it which is a lot of work for me. I pay my own way there and it is my vacation not a work trip - so when I go matters to me. :)

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
looking at the Colossus, I would have to go with this. I don't have vacation locked in yet so that is still in the air. If I am able to go, this would be the perfect tourney for me.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We're planning a trip there from Wed, May 29 - Wed, June 5, and I have intentions in entering into the Big 50, possibly on the May 31 flight. If I miraculously make it far into the tourney that goes longer than we had planned to stay, then obviously, we would stay longer.

I have no plans on staying at the end of June for the other events... unless I were to win the Big 50 lol.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So now Big 50 or Colossus:

Big 50 $500 entry:

Incredible structure
No rake on 1st entry
Could be a can't miss event for some
Huge field so less visibility
Long event - some can't stay that long
Would be only bracelet event for me and some others
Terrible timing for me

Colossus $400 entry:

lowest bracelet buy-in
Great structure this year but not as good as Big50
Smaller field so better for exposure
Shorter event better for some CC members
I and maybe more other team members could play in multiple bracelet events
Way better timing for me

Still no decision made lol. And by the way - the reason the timing for me is worthy of making it on the list is that I pull this all together and run it which is a lot of work for me. I pay my own way there and it is my vacation not a work trip - so when I go matters to me. :)

You don’t have to defend your decision making! I appreciate all you do for the forum and these live team events are the cherry on top.

I’d love it if we would arrange a social night. Optional of course. But I know good spot for putting together private karaoke parties in Vegas. Private room etc. it’s a blast.

WSOP