Tells

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how many of you incorporate tells into your game but you should be if you are not. Get educated on tells and why they are important. Verbal, and physical tells abound and can be the edge you need when you need something to sway your decision one way or the other.

I'll name a few.
1. Before betting or folding grab some chips and start counting them like a bet. Look around the table from the corner of your eye. If you are in a hand with say for example 5 people and they all pick their cards up off the table. Put the chips in!

If they grab for chips then they will likely raise you or call!

2. The chip glance. when people have betting hands they glance down at their chips. They can't help it! use the info.

3. People who lean away from the table are likely disinterested and this shows weakness.

4. The reverse can be said for those leaning in to the table.

5. Cars protectors. If you use them stop now. Why? You may not think I notice you putting the protector on your cards when you have a strong hand but I do! Weak hands generally don't get the card protector placed on them. Stop using them in live play.

6. Anything you can fiddle with.
Toys, coins<---- my worst enemy, ECT. can make you do things subconsciously that you wouldn't do without them... Flipping coins finger to finger, rolling it in your hand, using it as a card protector ECT. Coins and toys can be tell magnets. Get rid of em.

7. Stop looking at your cards until it's your turn to act. If a dealer tells you otherwise reprimand him/her. You never have to look at cards until the action is on you and I suggest not doing so! Why? because you will do one of the above things and someone , somewhere is watching you and will use the info against you. Worst tell ever is picking cards up off the table waiting to act. This is a strong sign of weak cards and a player that can't wait to fold. don't be that player.

8. Smile! A genuine smile is hard to fake. Generally it includes the eyes of it is a genuine smile. If it's forced the player is likely bluffing. Genuine get out of his or her way.

I suggest reading every book on tells you can get your hands on. audible has some great ones and I suggest reading them /listening to them all multiple times.

I gaurantee you have a tell and studying tells and the human psyche will grant you greater understanding as to why that last triple barrel bluff didn't work as intended!

Good Luck out there unless it's against me!

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Criplgamer !
All very true and interesting. Look your chips and those of the adversary who is opening or those of the big blind is typical !!
See You at the same table and then I can see your tells :)

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great list!

Zach Elwood's tells content is great and elaborates a lot on many of these for those who haven't come across his books/videos yet.

Poker Tells