TDA Summit - Some big changes in rules

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 2019 Tournament Directors Summit came up with some big changes to the rules. I like some of them - one I am not sure of.

TDA Summit - Changes Made

Big Blind Ante - Currently is posted by the big blind - says it will be posted before the big blind but I am not sure if they mean by the button, the small blind or another position. I won't know if I like this change until I can figure out what it means.

Dealers Must call Bets - LOVE this change! It is a pita for players to have to constantly ask and it slows down the game. Just announce it every time - problem solved. It is also a disadvantage for those of us without perfect vision - and for those who aren't familiar with the chip values.

No masks allowed - Dumbass thing to do anyway so agree

What I wish they had addressed:

Penalties for players hiding their big chips - One of my biggest pet peeves are experienced players having to be told to put the highest value chips on top or in front. They hide them on purpose and that is cheating imo because they are well aware of the rule. One warning should be all they get and dealers should be all over it.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The changes look good, in the network there have to be many debates on this topic

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've said this before but the big blinds have to pay for the antes for 10 people even if there are only 5 people sitting at the table.

One time I won a big pot with lots of chips and they were telling me to put my big chips out in front right when I was in the middle of pulling in my winnings. lolol

I hate it when players put their hands out in front of their chips so you can't see what they've got.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Another thing that should be banned is water bottles or any drinks ON the felt.
I was sitting in seat 10 and seat 1 had a water bottle next to his chips. I looked and it didn't look as if he had a huge stack until I bet and suddenly, from the other side of the bottle he throws out 4 lime green 100K chips. I was like WTF, where did that come from.

Poker Rules - Poker Games