Taunting to fold or call

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What information do you use to asess whether to call or fold against somone who regularly table talks and trys to influence your play? Do you call to see what they ate doing? Do you know people who taunt you to call when they want you to fold sometimes... and sometimes they actually have it?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played with some table gabbers in live games and got some pretty good reads off them, not just playing against them but watching how they play others. usually it was all if they were consistently talking and then toned it back slightly on the river , they hit their mark and the pauses are them trying to figure out how to bait you into a call.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played with some table gabbers in live games and got some pretty good reads off them, not just playing against them but watching how they play others. usually it was all if they were consistently talking and then toned it back slightly on the river , they hit their mark and the pauses are them trying to figure out how to bait you into a call.[/QUOTE

Thanks frothy... that sounds like a legit read... i have a villian in mind i need to crush... :)

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played with some table gabbers in live games and got some pretty good reads off them, not just playing against them but watching how they play others. usually it was all if they were consistently talking and then toned it back slightly on the river , they hit their mark and the pauses are them trying to figure out how to bait you into a call.[/QUOTE

Thanks frothy... that sounds like a legit read... i have a villian in mind i need to crush... :)

That's just how I read my guy lol. For your Villian , I'd study him. let the hands go to the distance and just realize when and where he starts chirping or de-chirping. One good smack will ruin the table talk for a while

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just how I read my guy lol. For your Villian , I'd study him. let the hands go to the distance and just realize when and where he starts chirping or de-chirping. One good smack will ruin the table talk for a while

Hopefully he is at my table tonight and I'll let you know what happens.. I think he is BPD so its sorta tricky but he is always talking and I think you are right about the pause...

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And he busted out early last night... he was first in points for our league this quarter which really surprises me... usually he is behind me. I had to scrap last night to get into our freeroll and wounded up getting first place last night. $380.. i hoping to have him at my table tonight.

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this varies a lot, not always the same tell is used for the same purpose .. I usually pretend weakness when I'm nuts, but sometimes I do it later so that it folds, so have to vary the vocal and facial expressions ..

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this varies a lot, not always the same tell is used for the same purpose .. I usually pretend weakness when I'm nuts, but sometimes I do it later so that it folds, so have to vary the vocal and facial expressions ..

So are you a talker pablo? Do you ever tell your opponent they should call or they should fold..? Your gud.. just call?

H

hedonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What information do you use to asess whether to call or fold against somone who regularly table talks and trys to influence your play? Do you call to see what they ate doing? Do you know people who taunt you to call when they want you to fold sometimes... and sometimes they actually have it?

I like to imagine what he wants me to do with that play, and do the opposite. Works almost everytime.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My recent observations of the villain from last night... he got chatty after an allin from the big blind... early in the tournament with low blinds.. he told a guy who limped in the guys tens were good.. thus suggesting the hero should call. After he folded the villain showed KQ off.

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never do this.as tony soprano say those who want respect - give respect

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Love It... This Player (derrend333) on 888poker was shouting his mouth off on my immediate left... "I'm The One","I Don't 'f' around" and when I got the better of his stack first time he wrote "Fish" Second time he wrote Nothing... Then Stayed Silent as I was... I Was three times his stack about 24 minutes later just as he busted out...

I Managed To "Lol" as he was Called All in which may have made him tilt, but when he went all in i was blocked out from saying any thing until the result came in I wrote "fish" as he was leaving... i do hope he'd seen it...

I do get some pleasure when enacting that kind of revenge...

I Know All too well that Karma is a Bitch!!

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night... villian taunted a different guy... turn gave him a flush and he went all in.. when his opponent was thinking he just started chatting... told him he knew the guy had a set and that he wasnt any good and should fold... the guy called with a set of kings and the villain was good til the board paired.. i think he might have actually thought the guy had the set and was taunting him to get him to call since the villain knew hew was ahead...

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use information, I think about playing. Sometimes it works.

Folding in Poker