Table build

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive done a few homemade poker tables in my time, gonna post a few pics of 3 tables see what you guys think.

Btw if this post does not belong here, i apologize.

I built this table for myself, 4x8ft oval. Did the entire thing with a jig saw and skill saw. Very happy with how it turned out. All the upholstery supplies came from buildyourownpokertable.com

20170312 225838

20170210 220253

This second table i just did, is a 61" decagon (10 sided) for my father in law. It was a gift combined for fathers day and his birthday. Im pretty happy with how everything came out aside from the rail vinyl. If i had do it over, i would look into actually stiching each individual cover to fit better. He loved it nonetheless so thats all that mattered.

20180428 173931

20180505 213424

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you look like you have a talent for carpentry! That's awesome you should show some pictures with it in play.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you! Having a tournament tomorrow for my father in laws bday :) i will take some photos for the sake of it.

Here are some photos of myself and a small .25 / .50 game i played with 6 others last weekend.

20180706 155621

20180706 155740

20180706 160503

20180706 160916

Lastly here is an image of the table all setup for the tournament tomorrow. $20 gets ya $400 in chips starting at $1/$2 - plenty for decent fun game.

20180706 170426

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! You can clearly see you know what you are doing. Beautiful!

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice. I'm about to make a couple of tables also. This is inspiration.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tables look great! They look to be of good quality and very well built. Congrats!

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice. I enjoy threads with pictures.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the compliments everyone. PhantomJJ - if you need any tips or pointers just message me on here and i would be happy to help where i can.

Going to have to wait on more pictures of the table in play, game scheduled for last night fell through because most of the players could not make it.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice!!!! You know how to do it for sure.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The table turned out fine. Congratulations to you. My husband also does or remakes the furniture himself. The kitchen set and the countertop made of granite tiles he made himself. Buy a ready stone countertop is expensive. I think luck at this table will not leave you. After all, you put some of the soul into it.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This picture is a bit crummy because of the glare but it was the best my wife could do at the moment. This is a friendly home game on my father in laws table in progress

20180713 190510

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man you gotta open an ebay store and get selling these! I think you would make a mint.

R

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice looking tables. Well done, sir.

Wiltz82

Wiltz82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your tables look amazing. I posted the table I built on here as well but it's not even close to how nice yours looks.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very nice tables that you have there. I would love to play poker on those tables.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those are some nice looking poker tables. Must be nice to have the skill to build them yourself because they charge a fortune to buy from a store.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very nice! You have done a fantastic job! How many have you made? Do you take orders? :)

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice tables. I like the cup holders in the table, keeps players from spilling their drinks.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all of the compliments :) makes me pretty proud lol.

Anyhow, answering a few questions - i have made 5 tables so far, two of them for myself - sold the first one because i had nowhere to keep it where i was renting - built 2 for customers, one more for myself (pictured) and one for my father in law.

I do not have the means to produce and ship them - so no real need for an Ebay store selling these things lol i appreciate the confidence but in all honesty for the materials cost and time it takes, you can buy a nice table from a bigger manufacturer than myselt for $1k - $1500.

Do i take orders - not generally, tho again i appreciate the inquiry. If you live in or around central va and you dont mind the ride out to pick it up - message me and we can talk about maybe me building another one :)

As far as building them goes its not too awful difficult tooling / general wood working wise. It is time consuming however, and if you have never done upholstery - you are in for a treat. Thankfully for me i have covered a few atv seats, and boat seats before I ever did my first table.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also really liked the oval table, you are good at making tables, you are just a master at making poker tables, I liked the super super!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for all of the compliments :) makes me pretty proud lol.

Anyhow, answering a few questions - i have made 5 tables so far, two of them for myself - sold the first one because i had nowhere to keep it where i was renting - built 2 for customers, one more for myself (pictured) and one for my father in law.

I do not have the means to produce and ship them - so no real need for an Ebay store selling these things lol i appreciate the confidence but in all honesty for the materials cost and time it takes, you can buy a nice table from a bigger manufacturer than myselt for $1k - $1500.

Do i take orders - not generally, tho again i appreciate the inquiry. If you live in or around central va and you dont mind the ride out to pick it up - message me and we can talk about maybe me building another one :)

As far as building them goes its not too awful difficult tooling / general wood working wise. It is time consuming however, and if you have never done upholstery - you are in for a treat. Thankfully for me i have covered a few atv seats, and boat seats before I ever did my first table.

Unfortunately, we do not live anywhere near the VA area (nice little 15 hour drive for us :))
Good to know how much it cost you to make them though - I was thinking more for my brother-in-law who often hosts a poker night at his house. I know he would love at least one of these.

Thanks just the same!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The red oval table pictured costs roughly about $400 - $450 in materials alone. Labor and all i would sell one of those tables for probably $800+ for one like it. They are very big (true 4×8) and very heavy. Ive never even attempted to ship anything of that nature and due to the upholstery materials being so susceptible to damage i dont think i ever will. Id hate for something i am selling you to arrive damaged.

Anyhow, i encourage anyone with the basic wood working skills to give it a try :) there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it and the limitations are endless.

Again, if any of you attempt your own tables and have questions or need advice just pm me - i will do what i can to help you out