Are some poker pro's jerks

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you had an experience with a poker pro, (who before you thought was a great idol) just to find that they were a jerk at the table?

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker players are just like people in real life - some are jerks and some are good people. Poker does seem to attract more degenerates than other hobbies though

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker players are just like people in real life - some are jerks and some are good people. Poker does seem to attract more degenerates than other hobbies though

This true in all walks of life. There are Jerks in all fields of life. Their are Jerk Cops, Jerk Politicians, and Jerk Presidents. Politics seems to also attract degenerates.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing poker involves a thought process, so I think most players are not stupid people.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only met one pro. My buddies have played at a cash table with Shaun Deeb and they both said he was a big pile of douche. He kept doing his usual slow roll style and someone who actually didnt know him made the comment that its messed up that hes taking 2 to 3 minutes on showdown with the absolute nuts. His words were "do you know who I am? I can do as I wish". As far as Chris moneymaker who I've personally played with (once ....I just wanted to sound awesome) he was pretty cool and laid back

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have only met one pro. My buddies have played at a cash table with Shaun Deeb and they both said he was a big pile of douche. He kept doing his usual slow roll style and someone who actually didnt know him made the comment that its messed up that hes taking 2 to 3 minutes on showdown with the absolute nuts. His words were "do you know who I am? I can do as I wish". As far as Chris moneymaker who I've personally played with (once ....I just wanted to sound awesome) he was pretty cool and laid back
Glad to here someone say Chris is cool. I have actually played at a table with chris a least 5 or 6 times. Chris is absolutely an awesome guy. Very good for the poker world.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to here someone say Chris is cool. I have actually played at a table with chris a least 5 or 6 times. Chris is absolutely an awesome guy. Very good for the poker world.

It w the s years ago when I played with him , and I was unsure about how a pro was actually going to come to the tables. He took pictures with people , when people had questions he answered but luckily it was in the morning so there weren't a ton of people to slow the action. He was just super chill laughing cracking jokes , at one point in time someone said something about blind all ins and for a few rounds people were going all in blind and that was one of the best times I've had at a table. He was actually down when he got up from the table (he was there for a deep stack tourney) but still cracked jokes and was super chill

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played with some younger decent players that give kind of a snobbish elite personality. Like they will laugh with their friend if someone makes a stupid mistake at the table or they will ridicule someone's action among their friends.

It can be annoying, but that's part of the live poker experience. You will play with all types of different people: the reg that always has a headset on and never socializes with the table, the loud drunk that splashes around in pots, the old man coffee that only plays the top of his range and asks for a unsweetened tea instead of booze.

You just gotta roll with the punches and play your A-game. Don't let other players personality affect your poker game.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah live poker is so fun. I love socializing and networking it fun because you can chat and get ready and tells. I love the drunk guy spilly talker! Silly chip splasher! I love it. The old guys are so easy to read. But I totally agree with poker prik players because they think they are the best players in the universe!