Poker with friends

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I consider my self as a good poker player, skilled for years and years (10+) from playing poker with friends with caps as chips, till fb poker game, live games in money, online games, and nowdays after whole history of learning the game. i have problem to win little sit and go with my friends, who just know the rules i would say, 9-10 players, ( 2 rebuys per player ) blinds 100-200 200-400 300-600.. and so on.. stack is 40.000$, i can't dominate on that table. any advise please for this little tournament. I feel like shit, when i bust out from this table on 4th or 5th position. Plus, i don't have luck with cards at all.. me AK him KK, me 10 10, he QQ .. and when im stronger preflop, flop hits him good and we are back to him, and his luckiness .. i desprete

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker with frends shood be for fun so you need to relax. The reason your losing is that your frends know how you play they read you more then you read them.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Really hard

You are loosing for yourself mind, perhaps you may be underestimating how dangerous is playing with uncommited players. About cards, we cant do anything. There should be more bad players than good, so choose a strategy for each player, I guess that LAGs are making trouble for you, then make the basic, play with stronger hands and the best positions, dont overplay and dont bluff and make accurated readings, dont go there thinking you are the best, show it for yourself.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker with friends in my opinion should be fun. Money is not very important.

If you play all the time with the same friends, they will learn your game. And you should learn their.

Have fun, talk, see your friends once a week, drink a few beers and have a great time.

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker with friends in my opinion should be fun. Money is not very important.

If you play all the time with the same friends, they will learn your game. And you should learn their.

Have fun, talk, see your friends once a week, drink a few beers and have a great time.
I fully support the author of the post. I play poker with my friends once a week. We take a lot of beer and the game starts. We never play for money. NEVER. This event always brings a lot of pleasure. My wife always plays with us together. And sometimes when someone does not manage to come, even my eleven-year-old daughter sits at the table :)

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play money with my friends, I want to earn their money, kkkkkk, they all have more money than me. Tight agressive upon them.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But what do you need, my friend? Do you want advice? maybe they already know how you play when there is a game and they get out of the game and it's no use having AA and nobody paying to open a flop or turn !! It's hard to give advice to someone who has 10 years of poker !! I do not have this !

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always pley poker Live with friends and it is very cool because we have fun

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to play in a home game, Sit 'n Go style. There were two or three players who really knew what they were doing, three or four who weren't very good but OK, and two or three that were terrible. I loved that game. I usually won, it was fun. Everyone was drunk, including me.

Now I play in a game with some of the same people, but only one or two guys are any good, the rest are terrible. It is the worst game ever. I drive to this game so I can't drink - but everyone else is drunk. No one knows how to play, so it's like four hours of herding (drunk) cats. I never win.

I have learned that a game with a couple of soft players is good (profitable), but a game with too many soft players is impossible (for me) to win.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read threw the replies on here, I have a few ideas on how you can start to win your games. First off you say that out of the 8 other players beside you aren`t very good, try to educate them some on why they play like they do. Help them understand the game better. Teach them how to calculate there outs and percentages. I feel the better the competition, the better the games are. I would modify the structure of the games your having , in reguards to starting stacks and blinds. You might try setting them up like some of the games you play online, that you have success in. In some games its the structure that you have mastered and usually have great results in. Also might try keeping the pots smaller when you have a decent hand until after river card falls. Cut down on bluffing if the person your trying to bluff cant fold, only bet strong hands verses them.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read threw the replies on here, I have a few ideas on how you can start to win your games. First off you say that out of the 8 other players beside you aren`t very good, try to educate them some on why they play like they do. Help them understand the game better. Teach them how to calculate there outs and percentages. I feel the better the competition, the better the games are. I would modify the structure of the games your having , in reguards to starting stacks and blinds. You might try setting them up like some of the games you play online, that you have success in. In some games its the structure that you have mastered and usually have great results in. Also might try keeping the pots smaller when you have a decent hand until after river card falls. Cut down on bluffing if the person your trying to bluff cant fold, only bet strong hands verses them.

Thank you!

L

lastpostal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not good to make money on friends, the game should be fun

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is an issue of adjusting your play. online poker is different than live. They aren’t taking it serious they are having fun so this makes it seem that you can win. Just watch how they play and attack accordingly. Try relaxing and having fun. Take the seriousness out of it and you may find it’s just your perspective that needed an adjustment. Good luck.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Wow. I cannot believe you are suggesting that he TEACH his weak opponents how to play better poker!! In what game on this planet is it a good idea to coach your opponents on how to play better? I hear it all the time - if these guys knew how to play better poker, it would be a better game. A better poker player is one who knows how to win. If your friends get better, guess whose money they are going to take? If you can't figure that one out, then you are the one who needs the lessons, not them.

I play in a home game with some very weak players. Two or three of the regulars co-authored the book called, "Any Two Will Do." They are also writing a second book called, "All the way to the River on a Prayer." Of course they suck out on the river sometimes. Most of the time, they are putting dead money into the pot, thus increasing your pot equity with your quality starting hands. Make them pay for their bad play. And keep encouraging them to play the same way they always do. Never point out errors in their game play. You want them to make more mistakes than you do.

A

Alpejczyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also agree that Poker with friends should be all about the fun. Obviously you play to win but it shouldn't get to the point that you fell frustrated.

When I play with friends we do play for money but for very small stakes like 5$ buy-in just to make game interesting enough and to keep it fun for everybody even if someone bust out early.

In my opinion you just try too hard, sometimes what you need in order to win is just to chill out a bit and start having fun.:star:

alexkit13

alexkit13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love homegames with friends and beers!)

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing with friends over and over you really need to make sure you change your gameplan consistantly.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game rivalry between friends, has time that disrupts the dynamics of the game and slow down your readings, forget against who is playing and focus on the game

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker is training your nerves! And to remain cool and unperturbed in the process of the game is very difficult! And with friends you can not lose your temper even when you lose! Friends are more expensive than money!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is training your nerves! And to remain cool and unperturbed in the process of the game is very difficult! And with friends you can not lose your temper even when you lose! Friends are more expensive than money!

You know that you just dig up a thread that had died a year ago dont you?