Playing in a poker club

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I play in a poker club for 3 years. I made lots of friends. My difficulty is that the more friends are, the harder it is to face them at a poker table. What do you think of poker clubs?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play poker, I have no friends, there are only my opponents at the table. First of all, the result of my game is important to me. In general, I think our community is the best club and the best place for all fans of this great game.

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, I have no friends, there are only my opponents at the table. First of all, the result of my game is important to me. In general, I think our community is the best club and the best place for all fans of this great game.
If you have that problem you need to not play w friends, u will always feel bad taking their money...assuming you are any good at poker

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Treat your friends well and it will be alright.

Waffle3113

Waffle3113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not

I see where it could be uneasy to face friends at the poker table, but when you know the risk involved and you are playing with money that you're okay losing. I play with my high school friends at a bar and yeah its like a good Middle finger when you shove and they call you and they catch the card on the river but I knew i had a chance to lose my money walking in and we're still good friends it just gave us another story to talk about.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having history on players is a huge advantage. Played in a on-line league and knowing the players helped staying toward the top of the field. Lot of fun and having poker in common was enjoyable.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good idea, but never lose the fact you are there to win first and make friends second. Also it is a good way to learn how to read people.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I play in a poker club for 3 years. I made lots of friends. My difficulty is that the more friends are, the harder it is to face them at a poker table. What do you think of poker clubs?

Play a good game, don't be a donkey and may the best man win. Although if you were at a serious level cash game, might be different, but hey these are people you'll prob never see anyway lol

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's no different to a game of pool or darts you play to win. You dont begrudge them when they win and they wont begrduge you winning.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there should be no difference who plays with your friend or stranger at the table! if you have AA, what will you drop them if against you "friend"? There are no friends in poker - there are only opponents!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good place where you can play with friends for free (or almost).

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing poker club

I am also thinking about creating something like that for poker club. Where will your close friends and simply well-known people gather, where some new people will be invited over time. Where will also be rake-like membership fees for the purchase of the necessary poker paraphernalia, various treats, drinks, food.After all, the game is going to be long and from time to time it will be necessary to back up your strengths with something tasty and useful. To not only play, but also dash, share your personal
experiences, share useful information, and talk about other important events in the world and, most importantly, in the world of the poker industry. It will be fun, useful, very pleasant and informative. In general, this is just a great idea !!!:rock::rock::rock:

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Thank you all for your responses. I do not make a gift when I play poker, as you said, well know his opponents is very advantageous which makes me win very often.But I have fewer friends.!!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You shouldn't feel bad about beating a fellow club member. It's just friendly competition, in the end, you will both get better at poker if you challenge each other :D

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t like poker clubs because there I find too many drunk people so I prefer play on line at home calmly.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no poker friends, they are only on the forum. If at the table I meet with a friend, then with great joy I will try to pick up all his chips;)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played in poker clubs but i play in home games with people which are very good friends of me. I do not see any problem combining both. during the game everybody tries to win but we have respect each other. After the game we drink beer and have fun just like in every other day when we meet.

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i agree you have to focus on winnning whether they are your friends or not

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is right

Everything is right.
The danger of clubs is not fire the difference between friends and the game.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind playing against same people as it is easy to learn how they play.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you both understand that your interactions on and off the table are two separate things, I think that's fine. I wouldn't play any differently and I expect the same from the other.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, CC are my friends but it is not about the poker. We play and beat them or me. I am still friends like Debi and Tammy! :p

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest problem with clubs is when you become predictable. These people play with you every week so if you keep the same strategies you become easily exploitable. Change it up, balance your game, and dont worry about friends.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play in poker clubs, I also have a lot of friends there, but when I play poker I see only rivals in front of me, pity humiliates and offends, this is my opinion, maybe I'm too cruel, but this is just a game.