Player collusion?

T

Tom broadhurst

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone. I participate in a monthly 25/30 people poker tournament and one of our players after the last tournament said that he had passed his chips to any player at his table except for one who he has an on going fight with, who is also the guy that runs it. We do have a committee but they can't agree on what to do. We don't really have a set of rules just an informal agreement with all players. Thanks for any feedback.

C

cataah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the question?

if you have committee let them find an answer to this dilema.

The tournament passed. maybe he lies... i dont know. i am not to judge.
Why does this bothers you?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does this place you play at have a back parking lot? I keep thinking of "Rounders" when I hear this type of thing.
Does the guy running things know? I would somehow let him know, if it is a private game. You can always kick someone out.
Since you have no rules in place, it could be time to make a few it sounds.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am confused when you say he passed his chips to ANY player ? For it to really benefit one player the chips would need to be dumped to one player. The committee I thinks needs to ask some questions to clarify. It could be as simple as him not playing pots with the one or could actually be collusion.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Moved this to General Poker. Hi Tom, I talked to you on our Facebook page. :)

From what I understand, this guy was dumping his chips to anyone at the table so long as it wasn't the guy who runs the league (whom he hates, apparently), and he openly admitted to it.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Moved this to General Poker. Hi Tom, I talked to you on our Facebook page. :)

From what I understand, this guy was dumping his chips to anyone at the table so long as it wasn't the guy who runs the league (whom he hates, apparently), and he openly admitted to it.

I would think any kind of favoritism would be collusion. Chip dumping never works out well in my years of playing!