The Plan

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all,

It's nice to be on the other side of CC, for once. I had been against live games due to lack of Omaha 8 games, in my area. After two weeks of avoiding online poker, I've decided to reevaluate my poker hobby. It's easy for me to avoid cash games, because I am not a Hold 'em player. My game is Omaha 8. I'm at the point in life where I'm seriously questioning my poker aspirations. I want to play Omaha 8 cash games and guaranteed tournaments, in the states. I don't have to bring Vegas down to it's knees, but I think I could make a comfortable living off west coast Omaha 8 action. Instead of working on my weaknesses in my poker game, I'm learning to work on my gambling habits. Avoiding online poker is the first step. That's just an unneeded stressor, at the moment. A ton of valuable Hold 'em advice simply doesn't work in Omaha 8. I don't even have to read people, I just have to get money in with better draws. I've never cared about the psychological aspect of reading players. This is definitely why I am a terrible Hold 'em player. If you aggressively bet, you will win against me in Hold 'em. I can't gamble comfortably with two cards, let alone bluff. Instead of focusing on what I should do under the gun and when to bluff, I only know to bet draws. I'd like to be to Omaha 8, what Stu Ungar was to gin. I've never loved another poker game the same way. The Omaha 8 west coast scene is very alive and well. It's lucrative. I plan on testing the waters with a week in Vegas and a 25k GTD Omaha 8 tournament. There's money to be made at the $4/$8 and $8/$16 limit games, also. I've got to try something. I don't want to spend the rest of my life on Medicaid and living with my mother. This will basically be a turning point. It's poker instinct to heavily gravitate toward your best game. I don't understand the "I like all the games" players. I'd like to be the Daniel Negreanu of Omaha 8 tournaments. If there's a tournament, I'm there. I truly believe if I could build my bankroll, avoid online poker, and only stick to Omaha 8 games, I'd have the life I've always wanted. I'm the only person stopping me right now.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish you all the best, Anyone can do anything ,if they put their mind to it. Never give up on your dreams. If you feel you can do it then do it. Just remember sometimes ,you need to have luck, on the road you are about to take. Don't ever let anyone say to you, you cant do it. Online it tough but , I just play it cause I want to work and make money on the side. I have a big family, that I wouldn't like to leave. I have to be here, to take care of some family members. They have told me , just play in small buy in tournaments , near me and win one first. Then keep on going into bigger ones as you win tournaments or place in the money. I like to take it slowly, work my way up. Wish you all the best on your journey.