What options does C have now?
Can he only call or can he re-raise?

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that would depend on were you are playing and the rules for the tournament. So I really cant help you out too much.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, depending on stack size relative to others: FOLD, CALL, RAISE, or ALL-IN.
It's a no limit tournament, the player has all these options available.
which option to take, well that depends on whats happened thus far within the tournament against these players.
( FYI : if they have aces, All-in is the option. Unless it's a final table, and a player knock-out jumps them to a higher pay-out, then FOLD )

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
C can do whatever they want - their original raise was to 1200 and now they're facing a raise to 3900. That's more than enough for a valid raise so they can call, raise or fold.

It's player E that might have restricted options, based on what player C does. If C either folds or just calls the 3900, then E's options are limited to either fold or call since 3900 doesn't represent a full raise over their previous bet of 3200.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call or re-raise

In my momia. he can call or call all-in. He doesn’t seem to be able to re-raise. But I’m not sure, so I’m happy to read about it in the comments and on the forum:confused::confused::confused:

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Your doubt is not "hand related" but a technical question.

My guess is you have all the options.

Fold
Call
Re raise
All in

Do whatever you want but enjoy the game.

Good luck.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In my momia. he can call or call all-in. He doesn’t seem to be able to re-raise. But I’m not sure, so I’m happy to read about it in the comments and on the forum:confused::confused::confused:

This was the situation when C first acted:

The bet is 400 (the big blind). He's made it 1200, a raise of 800.

If any other player makes another valid raise (which would need to be another 800, to at least 2000 total) before the action gets back to Player C, then Player C has the option to fold, call or raise.

Player E's raise to 3200 total is a valid raise, and that's what reopens the action for Player C. As far as Player C's available options go, it doesn't even really matter that Player B went all in for 3900. Player C was going to have the option to re-raise as soon as Player E made it 3200.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be just a call or fold. The all in wasnt an equal raise so the next 2 positions would have only 2 options. Happens a lot here , ends up pissing a lot of people off

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is alot pending on chip stacks, money position, other players tendencies and what hand he has. But probably gold or jam if it's a top 5 hand

L

la9pv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerTDA gave me the answer

This is the the answer PokerTDA gave me:

C can: fold, smooth call the 3900 total (another 2700 to C), or raise at least 2000 (the highest bet or raise of the current street, which was E's raise) to a total of 5900 (another 4700 to C)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, call or push All-in

My opinion:

Player C can fold, call or push all-in because Player E did a complete raise. If Player C just call Player E have the only opportunity to call because Player B at the small-blind did a incomplete raise. :dancing2:

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the the answer PokerTDA gave me:

C can: fold, smooth call the 3900 total (another 2700 to C), or raise at least 2000 (the highest bet or raise of the current street, which was E's raise) to a total of 5900 (another 4700 to C)
This sounds exactly correct to me. Which part do you not agree with?

L

la9pv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds exactly correct to me. Which part do you not agree with?

I agree 100%

The dealer at my table refused to accept my opinion, and said that the only option was to call or fold. I just needed assurance that there wasn’t any strange rule I haven’t heard of.