Looking for Advice on Live Poker Vlog

M

MoStateRounder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone I know ive been away for a while but im back. I'm trying to get going with a live poker vlog and was wondering if you all have any tips or tricks to help me out. Let me know what you think if you have a couple minutes to watch. Thanks in advance :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Click goes the mouse

Hey everyone I know ive been away for a while but im back. I'm trying to get going with a live poker vlog and was wondering if you all have any tips or tricks to help me out. Let me know what you think if you have a couple minutes to watch. Thanks in advance :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51tMYdqLfSA&t=7s

Thank you for posting.

You need to capture the audience in the first 15 seconds. Did you? If you did not know you, would you watch the first 2 minutes of this vlog?

I recommend an exciting opening that you add to the beginning of each of your videos. Record it and use it on all vlogs so you become known for it. Like the Simpsons opening.

Videos are heightened reality not reality. Hell reality shows are not reality.

You have to be more emotionally involved in your subject. Present all your vlogs like you tell that story of when you had your best poker day ever.

Hope this helps

:):)

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice vlog. I enjoyed the music and especially liked the standard white font as you played live. I’ve seen some videos where font’s all colorful and shit and it’s a huge distraction.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually not bad. I guess if you want to improve you can check what other vloggers do better ( Andrew Neeme, Brad Owen I guess are more famous+ obviously Negreanu). The quality of the video is important but also it has to be entertaining. They also use some program for the hand history it helps for people who are more visual.
Keep up the good work!

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I comment, don't take anything I say the wrong way. I make a vlog too. It's tough to get started.

These are just my opinions.

Ask yourself why do people watch a poker vlog? I would assume it's safe to say they want to see you play poker.

It was 4 minutes into the video before you did that.

Cut out all the fluff. I know it's fun to cut footage to music, and show the trip there and all that, but you gonna lose 95% of your audience if you dont get to the point. Find a way to cut down all that stuff so first hand is being played 30 seconds in, not 4 mins.

Video doesn't actually begin until 05:33

This is probably what people want to see, you talk about hands. More of this, less of everything else.

People are going to just leave your video unless you have an amazing personality and you use B roll.

#2 B-roll.

You....

"Hey guys, were on our way to downstream once again."

Insert short (3 seconds max, around 2 seconds maybe) clip of downstream.

Video clip, picture, whatever. Illustrate your point. This is more interesting than watching you in a car talking about it.

You.....

"Got up bright and early, got ready."

When you are actually saying those words, it would be a good time to cut to B-roll and show a clip of you getting out of bed, humor is a plus, and then throwing your alarm clock or something, then a shot maybe of you shaving or whatever, then cut back to A-roll, you in car.

All these b roll shots 2 secs, not minute long song bits or anything.

These are just suggestions.

I personally would cut a bunch of this out, make it as short as possible before 5:33 when you start talking about K6s hand.

But if you are going to talk, b-roll makes it more interesting for viewers, but it's much more work and time consuming for you to make then.

A balance between what you did in this video, and no fluff at all would probably be ideal.

But you are trying to build an audience right now. Get to the poker is my official input. The rest can come later.

Watch other vlogs that are successful, and try to learn what they do as well. But realize that many of these guys built a following and they can get away with more fluff than a new guy.

That's my two cents anyways.

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game