Live table pointers?

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had the priveledge to play at a live poker tournament. Other than the few hands I played as a child with my dad. But that is a lot different than playing at a live table I'm sure. any pointers?

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
bluff and play marginal hands. If others at the table are able to read you playing these kinds of hands then this is where you start being aware of your tells. Start from the bottom up with learning about yourself.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a basic game.
Tight and semi-aggressive.
This provides the greatest opportunity to win, in spite of what table image you may have.
Want to get tricky, put a cheap and stupid bluff in there and show your cards. This should help get you paid on a monster.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read, Play and Read again. Practice as much as you can and the results will come

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell the dealer everything you want to do in a clear voice. Nobody else matters.

Consider saying the amount you want to bet out loud, "Raise to $25". That way you can just put the chips out. Don't string bet lol

Good luck !

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer playing live.

Have fun and talk to your opponents while observing their bet patterns and tells, if any. Take note of their cards if they get to show them to the table, this is your chance to get the most information. You play tight aggressive until you identify the weaker players and try to isolate them while going up against the stronger players with premium hands or a monster flop.

Go get em tiger! Enjoy.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be you. Depending on if you're going to continue a tourney scene , study the players surrounding you, Don't get all in the jitters they are trying to accomplish the same goal you. Figure out if you're at a tight table or a play with a handful of LooseCalls. if you're at a tight table , you can add some aggression to your play to rake in chips early. The first live tourney is always a study of "what can I do to improve" so make sure to study some of your own moves like are you grabbing chips to quick when you're sitting on AA or KK or if you've got nervous hands. Good Luck to you and as I typed this in I realized that this was a few weeks ago Ha

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on what the buy in is

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will be nervous and look out of place, the good players will notice. I would suggest not trying to act like you know everything. Ask questions, especially to the dealers. After a few sessions you'll get the hang of it. The game is the same it's just learning the live etiquette and game flow / rules. You'll make a few mistakes and that's fine. Some people will assume that means you don't know how to play which could be a bonus for you.

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had the priveledge to play at a live poker tournament. Other than the few hands I played as a child with my dad. But that is a lot different than playing at a live table I'm sure. any pointers?

It's very different from Online. The emotions are X1000. Being in front of other players and seeing their reactions will help you a lot.

Organize a Home Poker Game