If he is drunk and pushes all would you call ?

donny306

donny306

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to a house to play cash games from time to time , people show up drunk or half cut looking to make a quick buck for another beer run if the cards are going my way i would definitely call , but would you?

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I’m playing a visibly drunk player I tend to call lighter, because I perceive him or her to be playing looser than the average player. I always make sure to be careful to take note if someone is not too drunk and trying to use a reverse tell and appear to be drunker than he or she actually is!

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It honestly depends on the situation. How much money is it to call, how drunk are they, do they normally drink when they play, etc. There are many different factors to consider, but me personally, I would play a little tight and wait to pick em off.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also call if a very good hand such as AA-KK-QQ-AK-JJ comes to me, this is a normal card where you can play and win, and even better when a drunk player plays against you who plays almost all the cards!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally alcohol makes people more relaxed and brave and they call or raise with bad cards more frequently. This is general rule though. some heavy drinkers may indeed play better when they are drunk than when they are sober. So my answer here is generally yes - i would call but the particular situation should also be assessed before taking the final decision.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I would bet against a drunk player, but only with higher pairs I would risk and AK.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends - what are the chip stacks?

What is your hand?

How much money is in the pot?

What has he been showing previously?

Usually drunk player tries to set up the table w loose calls and then tightens up themselves.

Hey - can I come over and play? LOL

Good luck !

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on how much you're willing to risk, because a drunk player may not be thinking only money.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In that case I would expect to have a strong hand to call. If the opponent is drunk and playing all hands, it may be that if we try to keep all of his hands with his money, we will end up losing. Poker has its big share of luck and we might lose. I would wait to have a very strong hand and be able to take advantage of that hand to wait for it and take away as much money as possible. regards

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Конечно, я соглашусь на его вызов, но только если у меня есть карты QQ + и AK, я буду рисковать.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drunk players are easier to play against, since they might lose some of their sense of judgment, so yes, I would call lighter, but never calling an all in with king high or something like this. Gotta wait for the right spots, as always

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It honestly depends on the situation. How much money is it to call, how drunk are they, do they normally drink when they play, etc. There are many different factors to consider, but me personally, I would play a little tight and wait to pick em off.
very good advice. dont play your game different be prepared to trap him playing terrible hands. also when drunk your guard is down look for tells he may be giving off. dont get drawn into playing bad just because he is playing bad.