How much can you trust a tell?

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have often wondered how much you can from a tell - i.e. weak/strong. A player could be semi bluffing, or simply feel that their hand is weak, when it actually beats yours. What are your thoughts on this?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the player and depending on the tell 100% ……..There's always a repetitive function even when they are trying to "cover" the tell you've studied. It's all in the Details. If you've studied the player Long enough you will be able to read every little body motion to uncover the true detail of what he/she is holding. Weaker players often give off the biggest tells because their lack of knowing the overall game odds/values and the excitement usually shows in any "favorable" hand they have.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes, you can count on tells if you have figured out someone is playing. if you play at them when you see the tell too often the might figure it out and adjust to trick or trap you. You have to always be mindful and use it when it matters most and don't over do it.,

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go with the tell when its a close spot and you feel the player is strong or weak. It gets expensive if you just go with your tell and start hero calling J High because you feel your opponent is weak.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people are very idle and conscious nowadays so you'll probably either have a dead read tell or you'll be stuck in assumption, but if you do play with someone a lot you'll eventually pick up on something.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have often wondered how much you can from a tell - i.e. weak/strong. A player could be semi bluffing, or simply feel that their hand is weak, when it actually beats yours. What are your thoughts on this?

You can trust a tell 100% - until you can't.....lol

I consider most tells to be individual specific.

So, I don't put a lot of stock into a tell until I see it come to fruition.

For example....sometimes I am told that I look very very nervous. And I explain that I am nervous - nervous that they won't call!

Good luck !

Poker Tells