mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Brian. I have been a member of CardsChat for over six months, and this is the first chip question that I have seen (and I've been looking). I have cleaned thousands if not tens of thousands of chips. To give an accurate and safe answer to this question, I need to know what kind of chips you are trying to clean. A picture would help. But the short answer is that liquid dish washing detergent is safe for all chip types that I am aware of. A quick soak and a light scrub with a plastic scrubbing surface (like you use for teflon) or toothbrush will handle all but the toughest gunge.

If your chips have inlays (the "paper" looking "stickers" in the middle of the chips) it may be necessary to limit soak time. This depends on the type of chips you have. Some are much more sensitive than others.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frying Basket in a dishwasher.
(unless they are really cheap plastic ones which would melt, or have paper stickers on them).

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Frying Basket in a dishwasher.
(unless they are really cheap plastic ones which would melt, or have paper stickers on them).

Only the cheap plastic ones can survive a dishwasher. :eek:

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
throw those puppies in the dishwasher that outta do the trick or hose em off outside

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only the cheap plastic ones can survive a dishwasher. :eek:

Dishwasher! not Clothes washing machine.
Agree, only the cheap plastic ones can survive a tumbling clothes washer at low temperature.

Alternatively, Ultrasonic cleaner if you have a good big one.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Dishwasher! not Clothes washing machine.
Agree, only the cheap plastic ones can survive a tumbling clothes washer at low temperature.

Alternatively, Ultrasonic cleaner if you have a good big one.

Interesting that you mention the best chip cleaning method (ultrasonic) and the method that would destroy any compressed clay or decent vinyl chip (dishwasher) as equivalent - they are not.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is very useful advice! I will follow your advice, this is an urgent topic for me! but I will not give you any advice yet!

S

Santistakill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that mild soap and dishwasher!

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We played for many times with the poker chips I have and actually never thought of cleaning them. They do start to look a little dirty but if I wash them it will be ruined again after one game (chips, pizza, fried stuff,... no chance).

Poker Chips - History of Chips