Homegames lots of chips or few?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not the chip denominations or the starting stacks for homegames, but how many chips do you physically like to play with?

Especially for homegames, a lot of players don't want to spring for extra money to purchase many chips, so they just play with what they have. I know at least one friend of mine who doesn't like using many chips because they prefer the extra elbow room when playing. In contrast, I remember playing great poker fun when we were kids. None of us had jobs at age 10 or so, but we could dump out massive poker stacks of chips and imagine we were playing for real money. There was a certainly appeal in betting huge stacks of chips and then getting re-rasied!

How many physical chips do most players typically start with in your homegames and which amounts do you prefer? Again, the actual denomination or big blind to stack ratio isn't the question (although I have a similar forum that asks that question too), but actually how many chips do you literally play with?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the tournaments that I play have between 30-40 chips in total to start. All depends on your structure and desired length of play.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games Poker Chips - History of Chips