High hopes for John Cynn as a poker ambassador.

P

PotPlucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wrote this post originally for readers on steemit.com. They tend to be more about crypto currency use but there are some talented poker players in the crowd. This crowd might have better replies to my hope for John Cynn as a poker ambassador.
John Cynn (pronounced - sin) winner of the 2018 WSOP Main event won $8.8 million dollars. After taxes he will get to keep about $4.9 million of it. Do wonder how much of that will go into crypto? One of his sponsors was Blockfolio. They got an app that users can track crypto investments. He seems to be one who is very deliberate and studied about financial moves. Hard to believe I am talking about a person that makes his living playing poker. Anyway, if he follows contemporary crypto investing advise I had see on many posts here then maybe $490,000 find its way into exchanges.
As a poker player I always look forward to who the next champ will be. They kind of get an unofficial shot at being a poker ambassador. The great ones are few and far between. John seems to be a quiet and humble kind of guy that has just worked hard to play the game well. He freely admits that when he started out he was the fish at the table just giving away his chips. He got a coach and worked the game to earn his shot at champ. Holding out hope he will be a good poker and crypto ambassador.
Anyway, it would be cool if a newly minted poker millionaire was to make some crypto moves that turned him into a crypto billionaire in 5-10 years.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not quite understand what you expect from this person as a poker ambassador?

P

PotPlucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not quite understand what you expect from this person as a poker ambassador?

Thanks for the reply. The USA has a long way to go recovering from Black Friday. We don't have access to play many good on-line poker sites. Crypto currencies use has allowed some access. A good ambassador might help to bridge that gap. Get American players active again on the biggest poker platforms. Good ambassadors effect politics and public perception.