Fake News at Poker

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fake news has taken over the internet and social networks, wherever we are connected there is some forum or some bad intentional person posting or commenting something that is not real and this also happens in poker.
The main challenge now in addition to reading the news is to have to seek to know if you are not mistaken.
Poker happens to be quite harmless to fake news because there are many players who by the way are unsuccessful so to take revenge they generate content to generate falsehoods about a particular site.
At the time I recommend giving credits to the already respected forums like cardchat and besides when reading about anything related to poker, I recommend them to check the information with other people or professional forum.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothings worse than passing of counter intelligence as knowledge

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is simple - fact check your sources. Double check your facts. Seems to me most respected media outlets do that, despite being labelled 'fake news'. Therefore, do not dismiss news based solely on the source. LOOK AT THE FACTS.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fake news unfortunately invaded all matters not just about poker, but overall, I try to see on more than one reliable site before believing what I read.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The internet, there are many good things and there are, but in the case of information, fake news aims to misinform and denigrate some image.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent and Goebbels propaganda strategies and you realize 98% of news is not up too standard.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say most news is fake news[emoji23]

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should trust the news only from trusted sources. This applies not only to poker, but to all the news in general.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No brazil has just fainted through the false news. The candidate who has the highest number of votes had a greater number of votes over the number of millions of dollars for sending new false actions, the case being investigated by the federal federation and supreme court.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would say most news is fake news[emoji23]

I must ask. Do you honestly believe this? Or are you being a poker player and misrepresenting your thoughts?

Now for the important question. On what do you base your statement regarding the word "MOST"? Are you suggesting that a 30 minute local TV news cast is mostly fake news?

When it comes to 'breaking news', the first reports out of a major catastrophic event, you might have a point. Everyone rushes to report what happened and get it out first. This leads to errors or fake news. However, most reputable news organizations pride themselves on the accuracy of their reports.