Celebrity Meetings

H

Hunter Tahu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Post your celebrity encounters here. Got to meet your crush? Your hero? Even Phil Hellmuth! Lets hear about it!
My encounter that encouraged this post, occurred in Montréal at the WPT a few years ago. I had won my entry via ParyPoker, so started out with a great meet and munch at a posh downtown restaurant. I sat with Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten, which was quite cool, and some pro's that i couldn't quite name, but the next day was the real treat!
I saw my personal poker crush, Liv Boeree signing in! After I had busted day 1 (called 88's shove with 2 pair, ran 8 8 for quads!), I ran down Liv at her table with Igor Just as break started and asked for a photo op. Liv was awesome! I got my buddy Derek to take Photo, Liv and I, big hug, all smiles!
We headed out immediately for T.O., got up to 130k on cruise (good ole 401) and I asked Derek to see the pic. He said it was great, and proceeded to look it up on his phone, and continued to search... eventually he had to admit that the image completely obscured by his fingers must be it!! I so wanted to turn around!:mad:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s a great story!

I have met quite a few pros when playing but my favorite was getting to play with Jen Hartman in a charity event. It was a fun night and she was very friendly.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps I will meet some time with famous Russian players, but not with world stars.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does standing behind Huck Seed in a lineup to get an ice-cream cone count? Boy is he tall !