CardsChat's Guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The biggest poker series in the world is set to kick-off in Las Vegas at the end of May. CardsChat has created a complete guide to the 2019 world series of poker for you! Check out this year's schedule of events, learn how to enter, and a history of past winners along with so much more!

You'll find everything you need here: Your 2019 World Series of Poker Guide

Then come back here and let us know:
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)?
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.
109aa353a9f4a17f94ae76bdb1841f46.png

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
since I can't go to the wsop, I can't even think what events I could play. the only thing I can say about the article is that really a lot of players from online poker began to take part in the main event, thanks to various sattelites. and to all the members of our community who are going to go to Las Vegas, I want to wish the best runs. if you are there, know that hundreds of poker fans will be rooting for you here.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dream is to go to Las Vegas. If it is to play a tournament like the WSOP better but with knowing las vegas I am satisfied. Thanks Tammy for the guide.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to play in the WSOP this year...my first choice would be the Colossus as part of the Cardschat team, or if the decision is to change to another event, whatever event that is chosen for the Cardschat group. The BIG 50 looks enticing because of the cost as well. I had wanted to play in the Super Seniors event last year, but they lowered the age limit from 65 years to let in a lot of youngsters from 60 to 65...
I shall be a first timer this year, so I have no experience to impart.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Read this thread: CardsChat's Guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP)Then come back here and let us know:

I only play for fun - so I would never qualify for this .
  • No
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?
  • None for me
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?
  • None for me
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.
  • Never been to any , lucky if I watch them on TV

Last edited by a moderator:
ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I do not have a visa, I can not travel to the USA, but I would like it. I support myself in the icnbe56 post

Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)?
No
If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?
none
Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?
None for me
Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.
Never been to any

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Answer to this thread with this link as my guide,Your 2019 World Series of Poker Guide

I'd Love To Go But The Only Way I See I Can Afford It Would Be To Win A Package Trip

• Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)? No, I cant Afford it this time around...
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? It Would Be the $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em Super Turbo Bounty Because it only lasts one day...
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? Its got to be two, first $1,000/$10,000 Ladies No-Limit Hold'em & second the $1,000 Super Seniors No-Limit Hold'em
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.? I've Not Been there before So I'd be like the blind leading the blind...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very important approach to cardschat, however simple card players are online, should be encouraged to compete in major tournaments.
Particularly I will not and I do not even have conditions, but the world changes and things improve, maybe in the future I will have the chance to play the main tournament of the WSOP

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good and interesting article I really liked. But unfortunately I don’t have so much money yet. to get into the world poker tournament. Of course, this is all good, and the prize money is cool, but for now I’ll tell myself clearly not, I don’t have so much money.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Tammy, someday I will fulfill my dream of playing the world series of poker in las Vegas, although if I lived in the US I would collect the money to sign up and play the world poker series every year, the day I will achieve that dream I will have the logo Cardschat on my shirt

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am for ever thinking of playing a live world series and more then likely continue dreaming of attending a big event, but but it is in my dream catcher , I do beleive i would have a great performance playing live in the World Series and for sure have backers railing from CardsChat

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've played fewer live tournaments, so these larger tournaments are a bit far away. With any luck, i can see the game through some transmission on the internet.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's the dream of every poker player, I remember well how I met texas holdem, watching the world series of poker on TV.
I've never played live, but of course I'd ever play, and get a good prize, although not the main event, to play any event I would be very happy.:);)

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great thread. Hopefully more people post!

• I'm 75% sure that I'm going!
  • I would play the $100,000 No-Limit Hold'em High Roller
  • The Big 50 is a can't miss. It is rake free for your first bullet, and I think $1M to first.
  • I have been several times. Play in the daily megas (usually runs 3 times a day max buyin might be $350) and Sngs. Those are very underrated, and any CC member would do well in them.

K

Kirkwood_Slim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest poker series in the world is set to kick-off in Las Vegas at the end of May. CardsChat has created a complete guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker for you! Check out this year's schedule of events, learn how to enter, and a history of past winners along with so much more!

You'll find everything you need here: Your 2019 World Series of Poker Guide

Then come back here and let us know
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)? The Big 50 - Who loves rake free? I do
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? The Marathon
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? The Marathon
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers. This will be my 1st time

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
WSOP is a great circuit for live poker.

Unfortunately it's only a wish for me, but dreams are meant to give us motivation. Now, when it comes to the questions:

a)No, I will not go to Las Vegas
b)It would be the $1,500 HORSE event
c)It's the Millionaire Maker event
d)No, I've never been to WSOP before.

:cool:

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man this was well done, hats off!
Not gona participate, but 'am happy to know there is such a cool feature at CC!
2/3) I would say 1 of the HighRollers that (100,000 seem good looking), would be cool to have a swing at the top crushers
Seriously CC, a I oved how this was done, if you would think about crating soche a tab for if not ll but most major tourneys like lets say some EPTs it would be great...+ I think would bring more people to the site
TY and GL!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)? I am not, due to Real Life BRM restrictions.
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? Any of the larger buy-in, smaller field NLHE games.If I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on poker, I'd much rather play a shorter tournament against dozens than a mega event against thousands. Although, the first event I would choose would be the ME, of course.
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? For the top pros, I would imagine it's the Players Championship and the High Rollers.
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers. I've never been, but I think mental and physical control and focus, paced for a marathon, is absolutely necessary.
The cost of one bullet for every tournament listed (including one for each flight of multi flight tourneys) would be $528,805. For just over a half a million dollars, you can play in every tournament that you can physically attend, and back a runner or two in every event that you can't, as well as multi flight freezeouts.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • No
  • $100,000 NL High Roller
  • $100,000 NL High Roller
  • Never Been.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well im not planning on going to vegas anytime soon,but if i could i would enter event 16 $1500 HORSE event 8 $2500 Limit Mixed Triple draw and event 29 $1500 seven card stud hi/lo.....(which i got my first royal flush in ages playing last night)....but the must play for me would be EVENT 20-$10,000 Omaha hi/lo.
I always love looking at info on previous winners in these articles,the hands that finally win fascinate me.if i remember rightly it was taken down with 98 diamonds two years running...gotta love those suited connectors.
Did notice GTD prize pools were not listed,but then any of them would be well worth playing.GL to all CardsChatters...may the 4s be with you.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is incredible how the series began in those years in the decade of the 70s and as it has developed to the present, it is increasing both the number of participants and the amount of money, and the different ways to get a ticket for the great date You can earn a seat with poker online as in the same site of the event with lower buy-in. I would like some day to participate there in las vegas, it would be something unforgettable.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm hoping to make it out there this year. I'll be heading to Vegas in about a week and a half while the WSOP Circuit and WPTDeepStacks are out there and planning on playing a game or two then.

Don't know if I'll be able to make it back out during the summer WSOP, but I'm going to try.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt I'm going to Vegas this season. But if I would - I would play Employees Event or Dealers Choice tourney. Just to beat players who know nothing about poker and to collect money for Main Event. Then probably would be kicked out when they realize I know nothing about dealing. Since I've never been to WSOP I'm first timer myself and it's I need advice on how to navigate the tables. And since I'm first timer and never been to WSOP every tourney looks like - "can't miss".

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I am very far from that would the WSOP in Las Vegas and I'm not talking about distance)
If had the opportunity would$1,000 No-Limit Hold'em Super Turbo Bounty
An event not to be missed $1,000 Mini Main Event

WSOP