Big live tournament tomorrow. Any advise?

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing a big regional tournament tomorrow, with a bunch of loose and maniac players. Is really tough because they might be holding any 2 cards. Any thoughts?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
look in their eyes, and trust in your poker feelings, loose maniacs players not last long in any competitive tournament, the early stages is important to build stack against these players, my opinion today

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
look in their eyes, and trust in your poker feelings, loose maniacs players not last long in any competitive tournament, the early stages is important to build stack against these players, my opinion today

+1000

Let us know how it ended up, good luck :top:

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table talk- ask them something they answer honestly like how kids they have or how much they love poker, next without them on to you...ask about the current hand and see if a subliminal move takes place, look for them same moves when asking the honest questions again... back and forth back and forth, you'll eventually see it :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend not slow-playing any of your hands.

Raise and re-raise them preflop - don't play their game - make sure your game is un-exploitable and exploit their game.

Good luck !

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't take gambles against these guys, play tight early on. Once you start getting the reads on these players then you can open your range a little more in the right spots to exploit their style. Yes of course they can have any 2 cards but the skill will be on your side and hopefully they will not luck out too much.

While these people can be annoying to play, they are also the people that will help you build your stack during the early stages to set you up for a nice deep run.

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished the tournament in second place. Actually, there was a lot of good players. I played very tie all the way and made some great calls and amazing lay downs.

When we got down to final two,
I got pocket 88.
He raised me to 200k chips. I went all in, he had AAs. It was heads up so I think it was the right play, unfortunately he had AAs.

Thanks for those that commented. I read the comments before the tournament. I Had great succes����

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Very nice, congrats on the great result :congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Finished the tournament in second place. Actually, there was a lot of good players. I played very tie all the way and made some great calls and amazing lay downs.

When we got down to final two,
I got pocket 88.
He raised me to 200k chips. I went all in, he had AAs. It was heads up so I think it was the right play, unfortunately he had AAs.

Thanks for those that commented. I read the comments before the tournament. I Had great succes����

Congratulations, well done.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't take gambles against these guys, play tight early on. Once you start getting the reads on these players then you can open your range a little more in the right spots to exploit their style. Yes of course they can have any 2 cards but the skill will be on your side and hopefully they will not luck out too much.

While these people can be annoying to play, they are also the people that will help you build your stack during the early stages to set you up for a nice deep run.

Congrats!

That is a great run!

Be a consistent face at the final table!

Good luck !

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I have some interesting hand to share from the tournament. Check my next post.

Organize a Home Poker Game