Best Non-WSOP poker series in Vegas.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want some opinions about options before I head to vegas in June. My dad plays the senior and super senior events at wsop. I am more inclined to play at the golden nugget grand poker series.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking of playing in the super seniors event last year, the first year after my 65th birthday...then they changed it to allow all those "Youngsters" from 60 - 65 into it.
Many hotels have their own tournaments during the WSOP. The Wynn has about a month of daily events, can't remember exactly when, but they are usually well organized.

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that Bellagio also has a pretty good series as well. I know that Planet Hollywood has one, too.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Planet Hollywood will have one with some decent tournaments in it, Aria will have one but they run a bit high that time of year, love the Wynn series and sometimes there is a decent game to jump in at the Venetian.

I rarely play in the Golden Nugget tournaments because I stay on the strip and it takes too much time and money to go downtown.

Non-WSOP Las Vegas Summer Poker Tournaments Schedules Taking Shape

Last edited:
J

jmac3454

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Venetian DeepStack Extravaganza is good.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are you primary looking for pingknob?

Lower Buy in, Slower or Faster structures, Bigger or Smaller fields?

I played in events at all the series last year except the Golden Nugget. Mostly because as Debbie said the hassle of getting down there from the strip.

Some of my friends did play there and had a good experience.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you primary looking for pingknob?

Lower Buy in, Slower or Faster structures, Bigger or Smaller fields?

I played in events at all the series last year except the Golden Nugget. Mostly because as Debbie said the hassle of getting down there from the strip.

Some of my friends did play there and had a good experience.

I prefer lower buyin..under $150 but slower with bigger fields.. I can usually play one of those most of the day but if I bust out I might play a turbo somewhere else. would like to find a Big O or Omaha hi low tournament too..

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Golden Nugget and the Hard Rock has the best value tournaments, and I will try to play in both of them this year.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venetian DeepStack Extravaganza is good.

100% agree Venetian daily deepstacks are awesome. And a lot of angry money from people who busto in the WSOP.

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd best

The 2nd best isn't in Vegas its the poker championship held at the Taj in Atlantic City NJ

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 2nd best isn't in Vegas its the poker championship held at the Taj in Atlantic City NJ

Gonna take a lot of swiss cheese slices to line up for me to make to the east coast for poker... i cant even drive 3 hours to the pendleton round up right now since i have full custody of my kids... vegas is my trip for the year and maybe the summer roundup

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And this website shows you which tournaments offer the best structure (S points) if you want to analyze that sort of thing like I do.

Here is the summary page of S points and vig for the various Vegas tournaments.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Planet Hollywood will have one with some decent tournaments in it, Aria will have one but they run a bit high that time of year, love the Wynn series and sometimes there is a decent game to jump in at the Venetian.

I rarely play in the Golden Nugget tournaments because I stay on the strip and it takes too much time and money to go downtown.

Non-WSOP Las Vegas Summer Poker Tournaments Schedules Taking Shape

getting close!!! now i'm lookin again. i played at planet Hollywood once when they put a pile of tables upstairs.. I got a lesson that a had to pay for. Aria at 400 might be too much for me. .. but maybe PH is an option again :D

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm thinking about hitting a couple of those bounty tourneys at Planet Hollywood's Phamous Goliath series in late June.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venetian deepstack series is well run and has a lot of lower buy in tournaments that get some decent pay outs. There’s a bunch of tournaments throughout the summer and series at many of the hotels. Some very good events.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Golden Nugget and the Hard Rock has the best value tournaments, and I will try to play in both of them this year.
never even knew the hard rock had anything besides cash games..
have to check that out..

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so here is my tentative schedule.. arrive thursday night..
Friday.. daily at Golden Nugget
Saturday.. daily at Golden Nugget
Sunday.. $800 deepstack event 36 WSOP.. I sold 75 percent of my action.. hehe

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is a Hard Rock series they are being extremely quiet about it.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stuck to my plan.. 2 deepstacks at the nugget.. min cashed in one.. and wsop deepstack bracelet event on Sunday... 11 rounds and got smoke by my own crack.. (AK)

WSOP Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas