Bag up chips

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm watching live poker on tv, if it goes to the next day, they all bag up their chips, what happens then?? the event holds all of them until the next day/? or there is a locking mechanism on the bag that can't be accessed?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm watching live poker on tv, if it goes to the next day, they all bag up their chips, what happens then?? the event holds all of them until the next day/? or there is a locking mechanism on the bag that can't be accessed?

The event just stores the bags indeed. You put your chips in the bag and leave them on the table so the TDs can pick it up.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the TD/staff secure the bagged chips until play resumes. For some tournaments this may be for a week or more. Think of an evidence bag that the police use to secure evidence from a crime scene. We've seen all the TV shows where the evidence is brought out in a lab and the sealed bag is cut into to release the contents. This is the type of bag used and it's next to impossible to 'spill' once sealed.

Typically this is the procedure I have experienced

When play has ended, staff will come to a table and process each player in turn.
Players chips are counted, player & staff confirm the amount
Staff fills out a tag that goes inside the bag
The chips are placed into the bag by staff
Staff seals the bag and ensures it is closed
Player is given a receipt with chip count
Staff collects the bags and stores them away from the tournament area.

When play resumes, the player presents the receipt and an ID (usually players card)
Dealer confirms the player and is allowed to open the bag when it is time.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the TD/staff secure the bagged chips until play resumes. For some tournaments this may be for a week or more. Think of an evidence bag that the police use to secure evidence from a crime scene. We've seen all the TV shows where the evidence is brought out in a lab and the sealed bag is cut into to release the contents. This is the type of bag used and it's next to impossible to 'spill' once sealed.

Typically this is the procedure I have experienced

When play has ended, staff will come to a table and process each player in turn.
Players chips are counted, player & staff confirm the amount
Staff fills out a tag that goes inside the bag
The chips are placed into the bag by staff
Staff seals the bag and ensures it is closed
Player is given a receipt with chip count
Staff collects the bags and stores them away from the tournament area.

When play resumes, the player presents the receipt and an ID (usually players card)
Dealer confirms the player and is allowed to open the bag when it is time.

This is very interesting. I've never played an event that lasted more than one day, so I've never come across this: but it is good to know.

Poker Chips - History of Chips