Bad beat

H

Hotwangz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone, I just need a answer for my own well-being .How does a chip leader call a re-raise of all in pre flop with 8 -6 and then proceed to flop a house. It was for more than half of his chip stack! Just a frustration post!

Thank you!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello everyone, I just need a answer for my own well-being .How does a chip leader call a re-raise of all in pre flop with 8 -6 and then proceed to flop a house. It was for more than half of his chip stack! Just a frustration post!

Thank you!

I came as soon as I heard about the bad beat..
Heres some salt.. pour it on in there till it starts to feel good.
Bad beats happen just like anything does. Its about how we react to the pain or learn to laugh at it when it happens:bandit:

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because he's the chip leader and depending on how much the All in is , I prob would have done the same. Especially if the CL was Small or BB . If you have money in , why the eff not

C

Coreydh001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats

I hate bad beats last night sort 5 hrs in tourney win then go to cash get set guy flops str8

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Thank you!
Was this live?

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many chips you have?
how many the leader have?
maybe totally different for situations.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya that's happened to me in a heads up live sng, i had kk and he had 8 6 of hearts and got the flush. i've read in some books that when there's an opportunity to take someone out you take it. with that hand and for the chips , that's just stupid and it worked out. i am considering to just call then shove on the flop but in your case it wouldn't have mattered he prob would have played it regardless

B

bowlerman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
people play aggresive when they are the chip leader

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It was probably a bad play on his end. He got really lucky either way. He put half his stack and the chip lead on 86. I think most competent, avid players would agree that if he wasn't pot committed to call it was a bad call. Sorry sorry!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you!

For more than half of his chips? That was a terrible call on his part, he got lucky.

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is me rubbing my hands together for the opportunity to speak on this heartbreaking but necessary evil.
Swallowing pride is the hardest. Your cracking heads, killing it and the bang, the chip leader is moved to your table.
Your dealt AA. I raise 5 bbs, he goes all in, I call because I have freaking Aces He has a Pair of deuces guess what comes up on the flop? Yup a 2. Just how the game set up

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This kind of thing happens often in freerolls or small stakes...players usually play more disciplined poker at the higher stakes and tournaments.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
It’s normal play for a chip leader to shove all in with such hands.
Especially if it eliminates a player and add more chips.
If he loses that will not hurt the player much.
9 out of 10 times the chip leader wins.
Also I know live poker players who have favorite hands, like 89 or J6 JK and so they play those hands like as if it’s AA.

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horwangz

I wonder the same thing all the time online it's always hard to know what we can or cannot trust anymore

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chip leaders are supposed to be aggresive
but that is crazy.. risking half his stack with 6-8

terrible bad beat

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeap risking half stack with this hand is like gambling. But you need to think about it, because he covers you

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat break my heart and when is close to the bubble!

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So much info missing from the original post. But he doesn't say it was a cold call. He says it was a re-raise. So I'm thinking it was later in the tournament. The big stack (40 BB) raises from the button to 5 BB with 86 of spades or something and the original poster goes all in from the Big Blind for 20 BB, there are already 3 or 4 BB (or more) worth of dead money in the pot from limpers and antes and stuff. The big stack realizes he's behind but shrugs and puts in the extra 15 BB for a chance to win the 30+ BB already in there. If you have a hand like AK his call is correct. If you show him AA then he should fold but in order to fold he has to be sure you have a decent pair 88+

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip leader can afford anything. But I don't play like that. On the contrary, I try not to give chips to anyone in the chip leader.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LAG player detected in this example, but you should not be tilted because of that.

achristian1989

achristian1989

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a problem of running into hands that I want to call in general but they end up out flopping me hard. It sucks but alas it is part of this game we love.