Analysis of hands playing live poker

lnm2308

lnm2308

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, unlike online poker, when playing live we can not use soft to then be able to study the hands (or talk about rivals statistics, but that is another issue), I wanted to know what method they use to keep hands that are worthy of analysis after a session. do they write them down instantly? do they memorize them? (Although I think this may fail) Any app to recommend for the cell phone maybe, where you can enter your hands quickly and then relive them? Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English!

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, unlike online poker, when playing live we can not use soft to then be able to study the hands (or talk about rivals statistics, but that is another issue), I wanted to know what method they use to keep hands that are worthy of analysis after a session. do they write them down instantly? do they memorize them? (Although I think this may fail) Any app to recommend for the cell phone maybe, where you can enter your hands quickly and then relive them? Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English!
I write my hands down in-between hands. I use the note-taking method taught by Jonathan Little. I am not great at writing them down, I am getting better though. The key is to have a system.

Later, when I am at home I then go through the hands for analysis. I also post some of them here for learning.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's definitely more difficult. I have a buddy who has a notebook with him and he takes notes as required. People do ask about it and make comments about his notetaking.

It is more difficult because you do not have all the detailed stats right in front of you.

For example - I discussed a hand I misplayed with an acquaintance from the table and I said something like, "Yeah but my opponent only had around $300." And his response was, "No, he had $800." So - I would not have even caught that mistake on my own because I never noticed it to begin with.

Good luck !

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take notes on my phone using an App called "HH Keyboard". I use the normal "Notes" app on my iphone and it creates another keyboard I can switch to that has keys such as Check, Bet, Raise, Call, SB, BB, UTG, HJ, BTN, etc...

A simple entry for me
UTG :ah4: :5h4: raise to 12 all folds +2

More complicated hand
HJ :as4: :kh4: 4 limps raise 30 5 calls 83QR checks to me bet 40 raise 81 call turn :ac4: river :4c4: +224
(Yes, this is a real note from a home game I play....they limp for a dollar and then call a $30 isolation raise.)

lnm2308

lnm2308

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jonathan Little has a video on note taking - How I Take Notes at the Poker Table | Jonathan Little
Hello, great, it seems as if you read me you had read the mind right at this moment lol, I was just looking for this material right now and I read your comment with the information, now I myth, thanks for the I hope to be able to use it, since it seems to me that it is very necessary to be able to keep this type of record playing live also for future analysis outside the tables! I wish you luck !:D

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make notes on your phone, you may get dirty looks. Try to think about the hand in a detailed way to begin with. After a while you'll get pretty good at remembering the important parts.

If you memorize the quick formulas / short cuts for odds and pot odds, and common hand ranges, you will be able to apply them in real time, and many of the confusing spots will get simpler.

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands