ACR freezes after login

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, 1st off I must say very nice community here, I live in Zimbabwe so hard to find poker rooms that allow withdrawals in my country, so I have been playing on ACR since it has a bitcoin facility, however in one of the many software updates for acr, it now has this problem which seems a bit common as I will copy/paste from another site
"After logging into the Americas Cardroom Windows client, I cannot interact with the program in any way. - Some Windows 10 users have reported that after entering in their login credentials, they're unable to click on any game, column, or button in the lobby. This also happens sometimes with BlackChip Poker and other Winning Poker Network sites. It may be possible to remedy this problem by running the poker client as Administrator. To do so, right click on the icon and navigate to “More.” Then choose “Run as administrator” from the menu that appears. If this doesn't yield the results you want, you might want to try adding the poker client executable to your anti-virus software's list of exceptions."

any ideas ? acr works fine on another computer and also in a virtual computer I run on my laptop (only thing is VC uses a lot of resources) , I have the same anti virus on both computers and I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop ,
has anyone else had this problem ?
thanks in advance

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR freezes up after opening sometimes. I close it by repeatedly clicking the x. Then open again. Then it usually works.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine just keeps getting stuck at configuring...... I have to go to my browsers press ctr shift delete clear all cookies on all browsers, then try again to restart... I shouldn't have to do any of that it should just work.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same problem with ACR getting stuck at ''configuring'' when I first open it up. All I have to do is close out a few times and it finally pops up to let me log in. This just makes me even more leary of ACR though because I never know when they are going to have problems or just completely go down permanently! Hopefully not though!

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its been going on for quite some time now every time i try to log in i get the the configuring crap its getting annoying.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, 1st off I must say very nice community here, I live in Zimbabwe so hard to find poker rooms that allow withdrawals in my country, so I have been playing on ACR since it has a bitcoin facility, however in one of the many software updates for acr, it now has this problem which seems a bit common as I will copy/paste from another site
"After logging into the Americas Cardroom Windows client, I cannot interact with the program in any way. - Some Windows 10 users have reported that after entering in their login credentials, they're unable to click on any game, column, or button in the lobby. This also happens sometimes with BlackChip Poker and other Winning Poker Network sites. It may be possible to remedy this problem by running the poker client as Administrator. To do so, right click on the icon and navigate to “More.” Then choose “Run as administrator” from the menu that appears. If this doesn't yield the results you want, you might want to try adding the poker client executable to your anti-virus software's list of exceptions."

any ideas ? acr works fine on another computer and also in a virtual computer I run on my laptop (only thing is VC uses a lot of resources) , I have the same anti virus on both computers and I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop ,
has anyone else had this problem ?
thanks in advance

Sean Boyley - yes, I DO have a solution that works for me.

Some weeks/months ago - when I would launch ACR, it would be stuck saying 'Configuring...' and I would wait for 5 minutes + hoping it would resolve.

It 'seemed' closing it and restarting it a FEW times would fix it, sometimes not though, and I'd be doing that for 45 minutes while missing a tournament start etc.

So'z's's's... Lately I noticed if I bring up task manager (right click on taskbar empty space, it's in that list) (Windows) and find the ACR Progress? Right click on THAT and say End Task? A rather rude shutdown?

THEN it runs and opens when I launch it.

On one hand I'm a senior software engineer, pretty much full stack Windows developer, on the other hand I have NO IDEA why this works, or... what the cause is.

But that works for me, forcing the shut down of the process and THEN restarting it, rather than closing it from the X during that 'Configuring...' stuck phase.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sean Boyley - yes, I DO have a solution that works for me.

Some weeks/months ago - when I would launch ACR, it would be stuck saying 'Configuring...' and I would wait for 5 minutes + hoping it would resolve.

It 'seemed' closing it and restarting it a FEW times would fix it, sometimes not though, and I'd be doing that for 45 minutes while missing a tournament start etc.

So'z's's's... Lately I noticed if I bring up task manager (right click on taskbar empty space, it's in that list) (Windows) and find the ACR Progress? Right click on THAT and say End Task? A rather rude shutdown?

THEN it runs and opens when I launch it.

On one hand I'm a senior software engineer, pretty much full stack Windows developer, on the other hand I have NO IDEA why this works, or... what the cause is.

But that works for me, forcing the shut down of the process and THEN restarting it, rather than closing it from the X during that 'Configuring...' stuck phase.

I have tried this way multiple times and still have problems. The only solution for me is clearing both browsers of cookies and restarting the program. Regardless of these "methods" we should NOT have to be doing this. The program should work

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried this way multiple times and still have problems. The only solution for me is clearing both browsers of cookies and restarting the program. Regardless of these "methods" we should NOT have to be doing this. The program should work

Oh I am with you on that, I have mumbled that to myself 'This SHOULD ... JUST... work'

So Task Manager approach didn't work for you? I wasn't sure on that until recently, because every time I close it in Task Manager THEN run it - it's worked.

I GUESS we write ACR then but I am not sure if they know the cause - I GUESS I have faith in them.

I have also cleared out the .txt log files in the c: path where ACR sits - or wherever you installed it...

But yeah, we should not have to do or even think to do these things.

One thing for sure though, there IS A causal factor... I'd just like to know what it is.

My GUESS? is it's some extra security feature they may have done that might be interfering with legit players.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh I am with you on that, I have mumbled that to myself 'This SHOULD ... JUST... work'

So Task Manager approach didn't work for you? I wasn't sure on that until recently, because every time I close it in Task Manager THEN run it - it's worked.

I GUESS we write ACR then but I am not sure if they know the cause - I GUESS I have faith in them.

I have also cleared out the .txt log files in the c: path where ACR sits - or wherever you installed it...

But yeah, we should not have to do or even think to do these things.

One thing for sure though, there IS A causal factor... I'd just like to know what it is.

My GUESS? is it's some extra security feature they may have done that might be interfering with legit players.

still being a security feature it shouldn't stop us at the log in screen...... When I call and talk to support I get different answers on what to do based on who answers the call. Each time I call I get an answer that is more specific than the last. I find myself going why didn't the last representative tell me that...... It seems like they don't know what the problem is either, and that worries me.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , nice ideas , I'll try them and let you know what happens, my gut instinct is that it's a "browser" /pop up blocker/etc" problem, my other computer has same software/anti virus, only difference is less browsers, my laptop has 5 chrome based ones and i have tried setting "internet explorer " as the default and enabling pop ups etc, bla bla, all too no avail, the "virtual machine " i run on the same laptop only has 1 chrome browser and works there, I'll try the above noted "tricks" and give feedback,

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Kkkkkk , funny and hopefully not true, I'm sure it's not affecting a lot of player's, and that small number were the only legit ones :eek: , lol , hopefully not

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok , the task manager-end task idea isn't working for me, tried waiting after putting in password etc, then end task (a few times, no luck) , also tried closing acr normally and then it crashes (then tried end task whilst in crash mode) , a few times, no luck , still hangs after login, quite annoying, also happens with "bovada poker " , so not unique to ACR, however both may be on the "WPN" network ?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok , the task manager-end task idea isn't working for me, tried waiting after putting in password etc, then end task (a few times, no luck) , also tried closing acr normally and then it crashes (then tried end task whilst in crash mode) , a few times, no luck , still hangs after login, quite annoying, also happens with "bovada poker " , so not unique to ACR, however both may be on the "WPN" network ?

did you try going to both browsers pressing Ctrl Shift Delete waiting for the screen to pop up that says clear all cookies and browsing history. Make sure you clear ALL data. then try and restart. However even if this does work......... we shouldn't have to do all that.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, for the ones who have the configuring issues, this has been corrected however if you still experiencing issues with it please try the following steps:

1. Close the poker application then perform a DNS Flush (If you don't know how to do that please search it on your browser, you can also check this one https://m.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS ). Then, open the poker application.

2. If you still have the same issue, add the poker application as an exception in your antivirus. (To do that, please contact your antivirus provider or check on their forums) Re-start the poker application.

3. If you already did the step 1 and 2, please reinstall completely the application. (Remember to delete ALL the files related with Black Chip Poker and then reinstall it

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Issue effects WPN sites: ACR and BCP FYI not happening on betcoin

As stated in posts above, but written for clarity and transparency this has been occurring for roughly a year or more sporadically on one of my systems. Disappears for a month and then comes back for a couple days. I did not mark all the times it occurs as it usually resolves itself unexpectedly after a day or two.

Though this past spring it lasted for more than a week.

Most recent time it happened was a couple weeks ago. Then again today.

This morning 9:30am EST attempt to login to ACR (worked last night without issue and past week or so).

After clicking login, the login window disappears and nothing happens :

run ipconfig /flushdns no change. Attempt to run BCP same issue.
Login with another PC no problem. It works. Not an account issue but a software issue on a windows 10 PC (also mentioned above).
Change public IP by using a VPN service (WINDSCRIBE), same issue. Note I do not use a vpn when playing just doing this to test. Makes sense that this does not work since a win8.1 PC can login with no issue. So changing public IP should make no difference.

Uninstall, the App (ACR and BCP) and remove all traces (using revo-uninistaller) except for hand history (moved HH to another folder). Using revo-uninstaller to remove all traces of ACR and BCP. Uninistall Bitdefender (for the hell of it, also with revo-uninstaller), uninstall Malwarebytes (free version - realtime protection is not turned on). Uninstall Jivaro HUD, Reboot PC.
DL latest version of ACR poker client. Right click and install as Admin. This time it works.
Million dollar question what is the cause? lol -

I then installed Kaspersky total security (note this issue has happened with kaspersky in the past as well) but as an IT tech I have various licenses for both bitdefender and kaspersky so figure I would try kaspersky for a few weeks and see if this issue resurfaces.

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had log in issues as well when I first started playing on ACR again. After tweaking the firewall settings on my laptop, it's able to update and configure to log me in. It was such a pain in the butt to deal with. Especially when you have the itch to play some poker!

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Issue effects WPN sites: ACR and BCP FYI not happening on betcoin

As stated in posts above, but written for clarity and transparency this has been occurring for roughly a year or more sporadically on one of my systems. Disappears for a month and then comes back for a couple days. I did not mark all the times it occurs as it usually resolves itself unexpectedly after a day or two.

Though this past spring it lasted for more than a week.

Most recent time it happened was a couple weeks ago. Then again today.

This morning 9:30am EST attempt to login to ACR (worked last night without issue and past week or so).

After clicking login, the login window disappears and nothing happens :

run ipconfig /flushdns no change. Attempt to run BCP same issue.
Login with another PC no problem. It works. Not an account issue but a software issue on a windows 10 PC (also mentioned above).
Change public IP by using a VPN service (WINDSCRIBE), same issue. Note I do not use a vpn when playing just doing this to test. Makes sense that this does not work since a win8.1 PC can login with no issue. So changing public IP should make no difference.

Uninstall, the app (ACR and BCP) and remove all traces (using revo-uninistaller) except for hand history (moved HH to another folder). Using revo-uninstaller to remove all traces of ACR and BCP. Uninistall Bitdefender (for the hell of it, also with revo-uninstaller), uninstall Malwarebytes (free version - realtime protection is not turned on). Uninstall Jivaro HUD, Reboot PC.
DL latest version of ACR poker client. Right click and install as Admin. This time it works.
Million dollar question what is the cause? lol -

I then installed Kaspersky total security (note this issue has happened with kaspersky in the past as well) but as an IT tech I have various licenses for both bitdefender and kaspersky so figure I would try kaspersky for a few weeks and see if this issue resurfaces.

Hello, I am the ACR Rep. Please let me know if you have any other problem with our software so I can further assist you on the matter.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had log in issues as well when I first started playing on ACR again. After tweaking the firewall settings on my laptop, it's able to update and configure to log me in. It was such a pain in the butt to deal with. Especially when you have the itch to play some poker!

Yes I agree, thing is re: firewall I am pretty knowledgeable with regard to firewall manipulation. Part of my job since the early 2000's. In this case I have also completely turned off both software firewalls and put my PC in the DMZ on my router (eliminating any firewall issues on both the router and the firewall). Yet it still would not let me play. Glad it has worked for you though! Miraculously it usually starts working a day or two later without my intervention.

Yesterday was the first time I was able to uninstall and re-install the app and have it work.
Tried this a few times over the spring to no avail, and once during the summer without any help either.

Another thing that is odd (to say the least) is I can play an entire day. Leave my PC on overnight. Close ACR before I go to sleep. And the next day ACR won't work. I have checked in the past and no "windows" updates were implemented overnight either.

Hopefully, it works going forward. But honestly its been sporadic over the past few months this is just the first time I felt like posting about it