Are you listening to music while playing poker?

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the sounds of the game,the music distracts me...

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and I almost find it helps me to concentrate better sometimes. As long as Im playing a single table and it's online.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music sometimes during the game, but only when I play small tournaments such as spin and go or satellites for 4 players, but when I start playing big tournaments I listen to poker sounds during the game so that I can focus normally on the game !

Lupu Anatolie

Lupu Anatolie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music I listen to or watch a movie The sounds of poker shut them down

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I listen to music during the game, in fact, always.
I prefer classical music. Music well helps me to be focused.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , I am. I l love classical music and Queen to play poker.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm listening to Ennio Morricone as I play poker.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While playing online poker, I like listening to classical music. I think listening to your favorite music will contribute to a good poker game.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 17,142 songs in my collection (and growing every week) not only do I listen to music but sometimes I'll play guitar too if I can.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case ... the music distracts me a lot ... however, I like to watch many sports programs ... therefore I always turn on the TV with some sports program ... and it's not necessarily that I'm watching the television but if listening to all the new things happening in the sport ...!

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on a desk top pc , and when I want to play music I have to put on a headphones, and I don't like the feeling of that for a long time (especially in wormer times)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I often listen to music during the game.
I prefer the radio and usually it Amsterdam Trance Radio.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen music while playing as it helps me to be more focused. Regarding the sounds of the game - i turn them off.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No never, i am concentrating on the game, and music is a distraction to me.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually don't listen to music. Gets my mind off the game.

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often

Yes regularly but sometimes silence is preferred. I find techno or house can add to my game if I have 4 tournaments up at the same time seems to keep the speed of thinking more agile. Others genres suffice also classical is good. Multilayered music seems to stimulate the higher thinking or problem solving at speed.

High value games once things get more impactful I would hold off and take more time so no sound can be great and using sound reduction earphones can also help you tap into your more receptive focused thinking channels.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Light positive music helps me focus, uplifting, but the TV distracts me,so I often try to listen to just music.I noticed that the results will improve with it.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always listen music when I play poker

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:

Music while playing poker is very distracting to me from the process .. Besides, during the audition I become more aggressive and emotional, so I start making serious mistakes. Most of the time, I just play poker and do not do anything else, but sometimes I can watch the video on YouTube in parallel with the game!:)

guysensei

guysensei

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if i feel like i need to really zone in and focus i listen to music because it shuts everything but my thoughts out. i also do it when there is someone really annoying at the table that i would rather not listen to. i do like to talk to listen to people and get a read on the table first before listening to music at all though

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live or online i always listen to some relax jazz music. Music really helps me to concentrate. Music never overlap me to do some bad decisions it only helps me to stay calm and concentrate to the game. I'm listening music while playing poker since i started playing :)

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the game what we play. Tournaments - easier decisions, can easy listen music, cash games - need more concentration. Don't know how you guys, but when i listen music i often try to sing, hard to combine with playing :D