Did you buy a specific chair/ table for poker

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finding extremely long grinds very uncomfortable with my existing table and chair with the table being the wrong height and the chair not being adjustable.

Did you bu a specific table and chair for comfort? A lot of tables do not seem adjustable so prob relies on a good chair, assuming gaming chairs are the best.

If you have bought different chairs/tables for poker what did you get?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Finding extremely long grinds very uncomfortable with my existing table and chair with the table being the wrong height and the chair not being adjustable.

Did you bu a specific table and chair for comfort? A lot of tables do not seem adjustable so prob relies on a good chair, assuming gaming chairs are the best.

If you have bought different chairs/tables for poker what did you get?

If you have room I would get a standard recliner, but make sure the material is breathable so you don't get hot sitting for long periods. I would also get removable adjustable pole mounts that will securely attach to whatever table or desk you use for your monitor(s).

I have a recliner with a mouse pad attached to the arm but it gets too hot it is made of fake leather. I am shopping for a new one now.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to buy a gamer chair but I have a common chair. I think for those who have a long session is the best option

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have room I would get a standard recliner, but make sure the material is breathable so you don't get hot sitting for long periods. I would also get removable adjustable pole mounts that will securely attach to whatever table or desk you use for your monitor(s).

I have a recliner with a mouse pad attached to the arm but it gets too hot it is made of fake leather. I am shopping for a new one now.

A recliner sounds nice if you want to lean back for awhile. Although most gaming chairs do not seem to feature that so wonder if it affect the structure of the chairs. Saw one on Amazon that looks like a typical gaming chair that looks like the ones streamers use at half the price and does recline but not sure of the difference between that and the more expensive gaming chairs.

I will skip the poles though, need my desk to be shorter!

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a standard computer chair and feel really comfortable in it

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
specific tables to play online porker no, now on the chairs if because as some games can last more than 4 hours it is preferable to be comfortable I bought a personal sofa type PC chair

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Since i only use tablet nowadays then i dont even need to sit behind the table for hours while playing poker so no ;)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bought a laptop way back when. Was easier to sit and play for longer tournaments. Also if I lost ISP provider, could walk down the street for WiFi. Other than that, nothing different was purchased.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't, I played on a laptop so I could just sit on my comfy coach. When using a PC I just use a standard chair.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pillow for my butt does the trick,,,, :bootyshak

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a long session happens to really get tired of sitting. But then a mobile client comes to the rescue. It is enough to transfer the game to the phone and you can play lying down :icon_thum

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope, and haven't even thought about it, my old ass computer chair from 10 years ago works just fine.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An electronic adjustable desk that allows you to sit or stand is amazing! I find an ergonomic office chair to be best for long sessions, and make sure the height of your monitor (regardless of if it is a laptop or stand alone monitor) is in the ideal ergonomic range.

Checking into all this and investing in nice equipment easily made me able to play more comfortably for longer, and also reduced the strain on my eyesight. Hope this helps! :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I didn´t.I always put my laptop on my bed and start playing.I feel comfortable.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An electronic adjustable desk that allows you to sit or stand is amazing! I find an ergonomic office chair to be best for long sessions, and make sure the height of your monitor (regardless of if it is a laptop or stand alone monitor) is in the ideal ergonomic range.

Checking into all this and investing in nice equipment easily made me able to play more comfortably for longer, and also reduced the strain on my eyesight. Hope this helps! :)

Thank you, this was very helpful. Might have to look the chair first and definitely will look for something height adjustable as this reduces the desk issue height at the moment.

The adjustable desks look a bit expensive at the moment although I see you can get mounts to put on top of the desk that let you stand. I have to admit I am intrigued with the idea. Not just for the exercise idea even if only minimal but again if you are in a really long sesh to help stay awake. The sofa thing many people say they do does not work for me. After a day of work then playing possibly an 8+ hour game has led to a few incidents where I wake up with half my stack gone :(

Many thanks :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you, this was very helpful. Might have to look the chair first and definitely will look for something height adjustable as this reduces the desk issue height at the moment.

The adjustable desks look a bit expensive at the moment although I see you can get mounts to put on top of the desk that let you stand. I have to admit I am intrigued with the idea. Not just for the exercise idea even if only minimal but again if you are in a really long sesh to help stay awake. The sofa thing many people say they do does not work for me. After a day of work then playing possibly an 8+ hour game has led to a few incidents where I wake up with half my stack gone :(

Many thanks :)

Glad you found my post helpful! I totally agree with you about not liking playing on a sofa—I aim for “supported” but not comfy when I play so to speak. The few times I played in a cushy chair I felt like I had to try harder to play my normal aggressive style. Maybe it was just my imagination, but being too comfortable led me to play somewhat lazier if that makes sense lol

Best of luck with getting the setup that works the best for you—I agree that it’s super important to get figured out! :)

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I just squat and run a lot in the gym.

Chairs shape themselves to find my ass comfortable.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a chair is one of the most necessary things for a poker player, which greatly facilitates long game sessions in physical terms. A few years later I realized this. Personally, I prefer a chair - DXracer! chic chair

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have a classic desk and a classic PC chair which supports my back and has those thing in the side for my arms(I don't know how they called). I used to have a plain chair but I find it super more comfortable with that PC chair.

If you work several hours on your PC and you play poker some hours more I think those adjustable desks are a must buy and chairs from DXracer and Corsair.

I wish I could buy a better chair right now - it's a long term investment - I bought mine 4 years ago around 60 euros and it's still like new.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play at a computer desk and on a regular chair. I think, that if a person is often at the computer in a sitting position, it is better to buy a computer orthopedic chair.

Last edited:
Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve seen a ton of computer setup deals out there today without even being in the market for them right now myself haha. Just a heads up in case you’re looking at this thread and considering an update—today may be the best day all year to do it given that it’s cyber Monday :)

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can really wreck your back sitting in a bad chair--and you only get one back