Would like to start streaming

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I'm thinking on starting a stream playing poker and would like to have a great community, what do you guys think is a trend or effective gimmicks to gain viewers. feel free to say your suggestions and opinions

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice really it all depends on who your targeting and your bankroll. I would start by promoting a live event to stream with a give away of a set value at certain viewships/followers. As long as your entertaining and provide content you will get viewers. The trouble comes with keeping them.

Ie a 30x1 dollar spin and go event with a percentage of proceeds going to a lottery viewer if +ev or a set up home game.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can pick up a few followers just by streaming every day (I have 20 and don't do crap right). You need to be consistent and being on the same time every day is best (like someone wanting to watch their favorite TV show every day at a set time). And finally, the best ones I've seen are people who are willing to talk about why they are doing things. Some people just let you watch their face, while others let you know why they do things and you get to learn about their style that way.

E

E V A N

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The difference between streaming poker vs other video games is the delay required. For poker to prevent yourself from getting stream sniped you’re going to need a generous delay of at least a few minutes.

The issue with having a delay is that it impacts your ability to talk to chat and react with them. I believe live reaction and community integration is the KEY to building a streaming channel. My suggestion could be to cover your hole cards in order to be able to chat in real time with your viewers. Also if it’s just a black box over your cards you can show them before you fold