Why PS do that

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I am playing micro tournaments pokerstars move me from tables, I was winning a Lot of hands against New players.(I am also a new player)
I was like 20° from 300 players, and they moved me to a table who had the 1° and 4°, It is a Lot harder to play against high Stack ...
Someone knows the reason they move you? Because my mind keep telling they do that for high stackes get killed by each other

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an automated system and they are not manually move to another table. Support said for that there is no algorithm, you can play the whole tournament at one table without move to another table, and you can play the tournament and will move about every 20 -30 hands, everything happens randomly.

AlexPedsPaps

AlexPedsPaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m pretty sure it’s just random changes as more people join the tournament or more people get kicked out. They split tables to keep all tables as even as possible in terms of the amount of players that are there.

I’m sure it is nothing malicious so wouldn’t worry about it too much, although it would be annoying getting moved away from the fish :(

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wouldnt be fair for one table to play 9 players and to other one 3. There must be a happy medium. I dont know how random is table changing, but I guess that this happens based on stack sizes.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know why either. Sometimes it works in my favour and sometimes it doesn't. It happened once where the guy just to my left was jamming every time I bet. That got really annoying. Then he was moved away from the table and a couple of hands later he was back, except this time just to my right. That made it a lot easier to play him.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's not big deal just their program puts you to another table cause some players lost their game and there's a need to replace the sits. I have noticed that most of the times the players of that table have about the same level of chips I guess that will be another raison

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some games I play same table almost the whole way and sometimes I can be moved 5 times in 15 minutes it is random.
Think about it otherwise. there are thousands if not more hands being played every minutes and what you are saying there is a guy sitting there looking for you to play well and move you so you loss to a big stack. Does that sound logical??

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ps is quite ok, but unibet sucks.
unibet table moves can be very frequent, take one or two minutes on average, worst I've missed 2 levels in a turbo (3 minute levels) just because of table moves, one after the other without ever playing at few tables.

But your question was: why the moves?

In any MTT, seat become empty when players have 0 chips.
All rooms then 'redistribute' by closing a table and seating the players at free seats ono other tables.
Looking at the differences between rooms, this is not random at all, but also not based on stack. I think ps uses a pretty smart algorithm that minimizes disturbance to the game

Last edited:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck or curse of the draw.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Sometimes when I am playing micro tournaments PokerStars move me from tables, I was winning a Lot of hands against New players.(I am also a new player)
I was like 20° from 300 players, and they moved me to a table who had the 1° and 4°, It is a Lot harder to play against high Stack ...
Someone knows the reason they move you? Because my mind keep telling they do that for high stackes get killed by each other

The following link to a Pokerstars help page should give you all the answers.
https://www.pokerstars.com/help/articles/trn-table-balancing/10626/

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is to do with other people being knocked out. Say 3 people get knocked out of a table of 9 leaving just 6 players at the table. The system will aim to either randomly move a couple of players from other tables to get this table up to 8 or 9 players or will move all 6 players to fill up tables of 7 or 8. That's what I think they do.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes it happens. But in my opinion it is more important to try to focus on the game, and try to avoid mistakes.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know why,but I really don't like when they move me 4 or 5 times in less than 30 minutes.That's annoying.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its worse, for some of us... Being from my country, we are only allowed to play for play money.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I am playing micro tournaments PokerStars move me from tables, I was winning a Lot of hands against New players.(I am also a new player)
I agree with the participants of BlackMember and AlexPedsPaps that there is nothing bad, I'm also in the game
transplants the program from the table to the table many times in the tournament!

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That happens randomly, it s the system, I think it s done to balance average and people on tablets. Sometimes, u stay at the same table .

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the players from the tournament decrease, the system has to complete the tables with players.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine how horrible it would be if they wouldn’t move you... you could never get to the final table :)

It‘s done to keep the number of players at each table balanced... Imagine how much more blinds you had to pay when you are left with 5 or 6 players at your table compared to someone at a full 9 man table... so they would move some players from full tables to yours to make it as equal as possible.

And if a player busts and the remaining players therefor can be seated using 1 table less they close a table and everyone is on a full table again.

So this is Common practice in poker. Live and online.

Sometimes it’s horrible when you lose easy Chip sources... Sometimes it’s great when younger moves from a donkfest all-in festival to a table with serious play...

All this should be exactly as random as the deal. Whatever that means on PS...