Why everyone asume that you are a guy/

Naty2585

Naty2585

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is incredible that even with my id: natyvini25 and a picture off my baby as avatar peaple still refere to me in chat rooms as iff i were a boy. It is anoying for the rest off you girls/

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since most poker players are guys I always assume they are unless they have a clearly female screen name (that I as an English speaking person would recognize). Most screen names are gibberish to me. I've long since stopped trying to figure out why people use screen names that only they would understand.

Natyvini has no meaning to me, male or female, so I will always assume it is male. Is your real name Natalie? Is Naty short for Natalie in brazil?

I've also seen a lot of guys using clearly female avatars, so that too is usually meaningless. Lots of guys are proud of their children and will use baby pics as their avatars. I'm quite proud of my gandkids and have thought about using one of their pics as an avatar.

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol,,,i have a mostly "female" name (Terry) and a baby pic,,,and nobody assumes i'm a female. :p

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol,,,i have a mostly "female" name (Terry) and a baby pic,,,and nobody assumes i'm a female. :p
To me Terry is cleary a male name. BTW, I think I'm going to change my banner to TheCanuckWithNoLuck. Ahhh, maybe not. I do get lucky once in a while so I can't say I always have no luck. Just most of the time.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is incredible that even with my id: natyvini25 and a picture off my baby as avatar peaple still refere to me in chat rooms as iff i were a boy. It is anoying for the rest off you girls/

Don't tell them you are a girl because it will scare them, come join the ladies games. You can find the details in the community hangout, we need more ladies !!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nickname "natyvini25" is just more suited to the masculine gender. The avatar says almost nothing about who this player is. It all depends on the model of behavior at the table and most likely you are perceived. Everything can be.) Good luck.:)

AttitudeXL

AttitudeXL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually just thought today that would my opponents be more annoyed if they'd knew that I'm woman and kicked their asses. My previous life experience has shown that some of men are not good at losing to woman.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Natyvini25 not a pronounced nickname. as a player from Russia, he doesn't say anything to me.The only thing that catches Vinnie's eye. :) My friend got that name. after Winnie the Pooh. Honey loves.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
And at all not pay attention. First look at the opponents style of play. And if she than something stands out strongly, only then on nickname. In tournaments on early stages at all difficult to perceive all and immediately. Only closer to the final table.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
And in General it does not matter what and who thought. Play your game and win. Good luck to you and good luck at the tables!

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because most poker players are male.
Of all the things that can frustrate you on the table, this should be the least of your concerns.

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone speaks at poker tables online? I mean I see it ocassionally but it's just so rare. Unless you're the speaker.

Oh and nobody cares if you're male or female but you. You're just another poker player at the table.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A simple way to avoid the confusion would be to replace the avatar with a picture of your genitals :)

Last edited:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In different countries, names are written in different ways, so it is very difficult to determine the gender of a player by a pseudonym, and the child’s father can also set the photo of his child as an avatar !!! Set your photo and maybe then they will believe you more)))

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Latin America, Naty, is woman's name, perhaps in Europe as associate more with a male name,

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is absolutely irrelevant because it in no way affects your skills, experience or game results. Do not pay attention to it.

facolete

facolete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are more guys playing than women... Its kinda normal think that... Anyway if you are a guy or a women its just the same for playing poker! Irrelevant! :)

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it really bothers you. On CardsChat you could go to your "Profile" and edit your "signature" To something like "I'm a girl" or "I am a female" or anything you like to announce your gender, and it would be at the bottom of every post you make.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha this is good.Yeah it annoys me too,but not enough to try fixing it,Sometimes i get stuck because he or him is the only thing that fits and it would seem more out of place saying her or she when you cant even remember what player 4 or 6s screen name was.Sooooo ive learnt to live with the fact that this situation exists in our universe and gotten over it.The alternative would be creating a new word,now wouldnt that be something.gl :)

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because people are fool and sometimes confused b/w guy and girl if they caught that the person sitting is girl than they start to flirt.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that it can be annoying
but at most poker tables, online or onsite, there are only guys
so thats the probable cause for the players thinking it is only guys playing ate table

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With my name they cant tell if im female or male(i use a female avatar). By now im sure they know, at here at Cardchat. If you want them knowing announce it if they refer to you as a boy(guy). Me personally dont play people any different if they are a guy or girl. Im looking for what they are willing to play and from what position they will do it from.
Good luck at the tables!!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have never heard the name naty, so I wouldn't know if it is a girls name or a boys. I would probably think of it being a male name just the fact that it ends in y and not ie, or just i.

Even though I have my name as EvertonGirl, a few times people have thought I was male, just because I have put girl in my name lol.

If they seen me right now, they would be saying that I was male, as I have just recently shaved my hair. The last time I shaved it in 2018 I did it very short, it was a grade 2 a buzz cut, this time around I did a grade 8 hehe.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I prefer to turn off the chat during the game. Communication can't concentrate on the game. Everyone at the table is your opponent. Why should you care what they think? Select their chips and celebrate the victory. Everything you need at the game table.