Why don't we ever blame the RNG when we win?

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not RNG it's in the wrong discipline. And of course if you win, of course you're "handsome."

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if you blame the RNG for losing, then you should praise the RNG for winning.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously human nature remains a mystery to you. :D:)

No, it's just that the nature of most people's minds is such that they are ready to blame anyone, but not themselves!

If you blame others - you, at the beginning of the way, if you blame yourself - you, in the middle of the way, if you do not blame anyone - you, at the end of the way.

Last edited:
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Strange people blame the RNG when you lose - when you win, you praise yourself :)

Strange people when they lose- blame the RNG ,because it's online poker ! And the top of that, this same people say - "the online poker it's rigged"! Blah!!!

When i win, i praise my self (may be ) ! Because, when I go all-in, post-flop, with my "set" and from the other side "villian" calls whit his two pair . I say - "do you see that , this "fish" call me " . In fact i'm the "fish" to - because next time i will make, that call with my two pairs.

That's why we win - because of the mistakes of others.

And why should I praise myself? "I'm a fish - аt any moment I can be fried!"

:sheep:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Strange people blame the RNG when you lose - when you win, you praise yourself :)
Why do you assume that winners don't give credit to the RNG? I know I do every time I crack someone's premium pairs.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you assume that winners don't give credit to the RNG? I know I do every time I crack someone's premium pairs.

Then it turns out, if the RNG does not give you, You take something from him? If you win, you give him something. I think do not give it to you three times and you want to change it! ) Do you rely on the RNG or on yourself?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, of course it was the superior skill level. You should win everytime and most are expected too. You never start out thinking you wont win. When you don't then blame something that wont argue back.

Most wins you will need something going right. Very few tournaments are a perfect run where just everything you do works out like it was planned.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
bad players don't want to learn to correct their mistakes. Therefore, they are looking for excuses for their failures !!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I agree when you lose you seem to think there is cheating and the algorithm is not random. When you win you figure all is well.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The human being always has to blame something or find a way to massage the ego, there's no need to review the game and study where it is wrong.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this a serious question?
What or who is to blame for winning?!!! Let 2nd place on down complain.

Only thing I complain about when I win is why wasn't the tourney winner take all.... Why area bunch of losers getting a piece of my prize- this is bullsh1T!
......When I come in somewhere between 2nd and dead last- sure the RNG makes the list of reasons why.
Along with the weather, my cat -stupid cat distracting me all the time- the dealer, the rigged pokersite(s) that I despise yet still play daily, my childhood, and many many other factors.
My play never never being one of them.
It's crazy cause I play sooo well I could never possibly improve. So I need things to blame when I lose.
On rare occasion a game is decided by who plays best- obviously I take 1st. Then complain about all the donk luck-boxes who managed 2nd place on down. Their prize should be the privilege of having been graced by my presence on the table! Greedy donks wanna steal from me too!? A travesty!

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because when things are going well you don't need a reason to fix something. Which is why it is good to fail at times so that you can find an even better solution.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This question may seem funny but it reveals a big ''error'' in human nature , I like it.

When you hit your one out for the vast majority of the losing players is skill and awesomeness , when you lose by a standard flip you still remain the best out there but the poker Gods hate you and the whole system is against you.

I feel I have been treated fairly enough till know!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not blame the RNG when I win because he has to recover for the losses he gave me;)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Because is sweet, simple as that. :)
But when I lose, I don't blame the RNG, I curse it. :mad:

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

because it is psychology, we try to play by the rules, mathematics, strategy, and we expect awards for efforts, when everything works out in our favor, we rejoice in the fact that it was not for nothing that we tried. As soon as something comes to the forefront of our expectations, logic, incredible dealings, we look for an explanation of why the result is negative with all our efforts

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RNG is such a thing, blame her or blame, and furious the last time, how accurately does not play, and lose all the time today with stronger hands

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So many scornful philosophers here. Okay, if you repeatedly find yourself on the bottom in HU play, whether it be pre-flop all in or through some actual poker to the river showdown, you're going to want to blame something. And obviously if it is online it is going to be the RNG. What else is responsible for the cards on the board? Say what you want, but if your kings keep running into flops with A against Ax calling stations, your aces get coolered by sets, if you keep finding yourself out-kickered, or your flopped set keeps getting washed away by flushes by the river (if you can even hit a set at all), it's the RNG giving you these cards for these boards. And if it happens when the stakes are the highest, that's just too bad for you. It's not about being a good or bad player. The bad player will chase unprofitable plays and the good player will not, but if the cards just don't come then guess what? It is the RNG generating your luck and all you are doing is mashing the fold button because you know you are beat.

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the incredible capacity of the human being to focus more on negative things and the inflated ego hahahaa

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Because RNG never just randomly acts in our favour, it just gives us back what it has previously taken from us.. Thus after winning, there is no thanks needed, because it's more like "now we are even, RNG". :D To the next round :boxing: