When to take a break from online poker?

T

Texas Stud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when is it time to take a break? how long should the break be? should you completely get away from it all? can you practice to much? food for thought!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time for a break, after too much..

If playing poker is fun, you look forward to every game, hand, etc, and your life allows you to devote enough time to play, it's all good. Otherwise, if you even consider taking some time off, the question answers itself.
If you wonder if you are playing too much, consider taking a break, go ahead, make the move, step away, take a break. You'll find out your comfort level, how much you really need to step away.
Your game may be refreshed by not playing as much; you won't be losing all the time, if you're on a bad streak, for example.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when is it time to take a break? how long should the break be? should you completely get away from it all? can you practice to much? food for thought!

I think that you should play as long as you feel motivated,excited and you have a clear mind. If you don't have one of these i think that you should stop.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, a 2-week break from the game allows me to freshen up my mind. Swimming in the pool helps me a lot. It is best to go somewhere for holidays in warm countries and switch the phone off at the time. Good luck :)

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are good, especially if you fill the time with other meaningful activities. It can give you some perspective and you might just come back a stronger player. :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think day 2 and 3 will be enough, well if at all, then an ordinary vacation to fly to sea to forget and to miss Poker enough ), although you can leave with his head in the process or a job or a hobby it might help. I'm not bored with poker, I Love It. Thanks. And if you mean a single session, then of course you will not play a day, you will get tired, you will need a strong healthy sleep to recover, and another half of the day to recover from a sound sleep.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
A poker break is very good after you've lost a lot of money in a few days. Then is the exact moment when you should not play, analyze what you've done and stay aside for months of gambling! You should not make the mistake of investing money by thinking that you have to recover what you lost because you will be under great pressure and you will not make the best decisions, so disconnect from playing for a while and refresh- you. When you come back to the table, it starts easily on small stakes.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has to decide for himself how long to take a break, for everyone it is individual. Someone need one day another for half a year.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have taken long breaks from the game you get rusty in those off times. When away from the game , I'm constantly watching poker, reading poker , and playing mixed games. Poker can really take it out of you. Know when to step away from the game .

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

online poker is a gambling game and does not let go for a long time! I can sit for a day if I am free from other things. If you do not play for a long time, then you lose your skills. I think you need to constantly train if you want to do poker seriously!

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When lost the entire bankroll, that's when you can relax, think about what was done wrong, make a new Deposit and again in the game.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good question.

As with everything else in life you can overdo it. Your brain needs time to memorize stuff and to sort out the unnecessary knowledge.

In my case breaks of roughly 1 day are enough between Poker sessions but that depends on your own "type of brain". E.g. I do not memorize stuff when I do not take breaks but other people, maybe more intelligent ones, do not need such long breaks.

Try some different ways and find the most suitable one.

All the best! :)

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had given a time from poker. It makes you feel better and more confident when you come back; Situations looks different in most cases.
However, if you are like a recreational and it doesnt affect your life; there is no reason to take a break.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't take very long breaks as soon as I have a reasonable bankroll. One day average. But even if it's reasonable, try to listen to my body-mind-soul-heart. They say when to stop (if you listen to them), to go on, to stop, and how long about is the break period. It's a matter of feeling good (or bad) to play. Don't play if you don't fell good, cause if you do so, you'll lose money. This is my point of view.
[]'s

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as you feel that you are tired and you begin to take thoughtless / risky actions - immediately pause. And until you clear your brain and move away from tilt - do not even think about playing. I recently won $ 55 in a freeroll. A few days playing MTT with buy-ins of $ 0.55-1.1. And instead of taking a break and getting away from tilting - I just went to the slots and leaked the rest of the bankroll ($ 35) Rest is needed ....

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think it's a good question. But it is a break in online poker individually. Everyone has their own threshold.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me i will take at least one day off. i've being getting so many bad beats that i just turn off the poker and go do something else. to me one day is good, because i came back two days after and started getting in to the money. but me i only play the freerolls because i dont trust online poker.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just listen your mind and body: if you feel that you got tired of playing, thinking, struggling - stop to play for some time and relax, you will know when it's enough. I think there is no only one solution for this problem, it depends on every single situation and based on personal characteristics of every single person.

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got done with a 2 week break. I can only take so many J-4, 9-5, 8-2 hands before I start overplaying marginal hands. Throw in a few bad beats and I knew it was time to take a break. Hopefully 2 weeks was enough to clear my mind and restore my patience.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on how much you spend in poker and how it affects your everyday lifestyle... Most of us play for fun, betting occasionally... But when your betting habits affects your spending limits, I'd say its a good time to take a break for a week or month... Even pros can get beat up pretty bad.