What would Jesus do?

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Infor: villains hand is at the bottom of the question.
A little deep in the $16.5 deep stack but still a few away from the bubble.

We are pretty short, and playing relatively tight 16/16 over 109. Not much history on the table. But everyone seems good.

Blinds are 1/2k, we are in the big with 32k (16bb) -
8 handed table.

Action folds round to high jack (40bb 15/16 - 33) who opens to 4200.
Button (15bb 11/11/6.7 - 38)

We have QcJd. At this point, I am a little worried about bu. I feel my hand is not strong enough to 3bet resteal with buttons flat but I also feel it is too strong to fold for those odds. I feel I can take a flop and go from there. I will soon be on the button with roughly 14 bb if nothing comes of it.

I block QQ/JJ so I think button has a lot of KK/AA with that flat.

I proceed to flat anyway.

Flop is: AcTd8c

I'm not too stressed about HJ but with the Ace blocking aces on the flop, I now think button is heavily weighted towards KK.

I think I have a lot of suited Ax when I complete from the button. I also have some QJs/Q9s and J9s suited too.
All of which I would open Jam with 14bb.

So I decide to Jam my Ax hands to put KK in a tough spot.
And on the off chance he snaps me with AA then I have outs with the kings and 9s.

HJ folds.

Button calls... AsJc. Given the hand and the situation. Perfect flop. He blocks everything. But should this hand ever play out like this?

How would you play this spot and why?

P.s. AJ held.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Who calls KK to 2.2bb? I think given the circumstances you should be including Ax in the button's range and adjusting your post flop play accordingly.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who calls KK to 2.2bb? I think given the circumstances you should be including Ax in the button's range and adjusting your post flop play accordingly.
Anyone with enough brain cells to understand inducing. I should be restealing with a lot of marginal hands in that spot. So yes KK

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not saying don't include KK in the range. But it sounds more like you are trying to hope the button into having KK when it's way more likely that they called with Ax.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying don't include KK in the range. But it sounds more like you are trying to hope the button into having KK when it's way more likely that they called with Ax.
Button has 15bb, he is shoving all his strong hands and balances that with some the bottom of his range containing Ax and Kx blockers, because HJ range is really wide and Button only needs HJ to be bluffing sometimes in order for that shove to be profitable (or about 40% equity).

15 bb stack has no playability whatso ever to be flatting. So when he does flat, it is very unorthodox. The flat is so much stronger than a shove in that situation. Factor in all the blockers and you get to my decision.
I posted this question to get help but it seems I am the one helping you. And I don't mind that at all, that's what we are here for. Going forward please don't start your answers with undermining statements when you try to answer people's questions. Especially if you are not going to answer the question.
Your answer is the equivalent of answering yes to some asking you if you would like a cup of coffee or tea. Only ou understand what you mean.
Give me some context to your thought process and help me figure out where I went wrong.
If I thought I played it perfectly and there's nothing wrong there then I wouldn't be here. I'm here because I want to improve, as do you I imagine.

With all due respect, I would expect the answer you have given from someone who puts someone on a Ace just because an ace pops off on the river even though the entire time they did not have them on any Ax hands. Change my mind.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok, it seems to me that you are misreading what I am saying to you and perhaps making assumptions about my poker knowledge. You may be right and you probably have a lot more experience and would be teaching me. I do know about the concept of blockers and inducing hands. They don't always work (and surprisingly, at least for me, seem to stop working at the worst times like in your case). It comes down to the guy on the button not being good enough to shove Ax, choosing to flat and see a flop. Yes it is not optimal on his part. You have 16 bb and button has 15 bb. You're both in a similar position in the tournament. I know the theory but sometimes it just simplifies down to someone not playing according to your perceived level of their ability. I will leave it at that, since I can't help you if what I just stated is not what you are looking for

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, it seems to me that you are misreading what I am saying to you and perhaps making assumptions about my poker knowledge. You may be right and you probably have a lot more experience and would be teaching me. I do know about the concept of blockers and inducing hands. They don't always work (and surprisingly, at least for me, seem to stop working at the worst times like in your case). It comes down to the guy on the button not being good enough to shove Ax, choosing to flat and see a flop. Yes it is not optimal on his part. You have 16 bb and button has 15 bb. You're both in a similar position in the tournament. I know the theory but sometimes it just simplifies down to someone not playing according to your perceived level of their ability. I will leave it at that, since I can't help you if what I just stated is not what you are looking for
No you can always learn something from anyone and in this case the answer was so simple that i missed it. I played myself by ytying to out think someone who wasnt om the level that i perceived they were. You hit the nail on the head.

Sorry I was stand off ish. Anyway if you haven't grasped the blockers concept yet I'd be happy to run through some hands with you. You learn, I improve. Win win. Hit me up... thank you