What style of play do you use when playing poker online ?

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Passive, Aggressive, Loose, Tight, Conservative?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends on what game, what limit, and whether it's a trny or ring game. If I'm online then it can depend on which site I'm playing at. I try to take the advice of Joe Hachem when it comes to playing at a new table: try not to get involved for at least one orbit before putting together a quick table strategy and just observe. If I have to pick one style then it would probably be tight-aggressive. I believe it's the most common and profitable table image. :y:

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had some success recently playing tight, especially getting through all the shoves. I won't call those without AA or KK. This is on freerolls of course, where there are lots of shoves in the early rounds. I have yet to play anything high-stakes so I don't know if it's more conservative there by nature or not.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely i am an aggressive player especially at the beginning of tournaments.i am not one to give free cards.i always prefer to bet big when i feel that i have the best hand preflop.apres if the flop is favorable i rarely loose . but I like to alternate between Tight,Conservative especially approaching the bubble or if I need to change the style of play to adapt to the table. when we play aggressive we take a lot of risk but if we manage to manage these losses we can make big profits and very quickly.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of factors to consider!
Game, position, limit, my BBs, pay positions.. the most common for me to play is tight - aggressive

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the game, situation, position, stack size and players. But generally I start out fluctuating between loose and tight agressive. Sometimes I will switch up and play nitty if I'm low stack trying to survive a tournament.

I think tbe best players are able to effectively change their play styles in game.

Fieldysnuts44

Fieldysnuts44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play Tight Aggressive in position but sometimes I get caught up in my emotions or just generally realize that I’m making bad decisions,like chasing gut shots,flushes,then I just shut the computer off and hope I haven’t lost to much money.

Fieldy

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play tight aggressive style.
For long periods of time it is the most profitable.

D

DGautreau86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play like a maniac with no brain for first third of the tourney, then I switch to ultra tight, then back to maniac for the bubble, then a medium tight-aggressive game after the bubble.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't play the same style with everybody, pro players are not beaten like that. The style depends how goes the game, with who are you playing, your position, your chips, etc. Example: go agressive with someone who spots what you're doing, by re-raising you and you fold, and you'll go down soon.

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there.

I move between tight aggressive and tight passive, depending on the position, my stack in relation to the others, the stage of the game and, if I have some data, the type of opponent.

I only play loose seriously in experimental mode, with the sole intention of learning, and I usually do it in games that I can not finish.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the tight style, it is very effective on microlimites. As for the high limits, there's a need to improvise.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the limits and type of poker. In standard tournaments and cash games I try to stick to a tight-aggressive style. In turbo and hyper-turbo tournaments, I prefer the loose-aggressive strategy.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight aggressive on loose table and aggressive on tight table

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the mood but basically I prefer to play tight aggressive style.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I play very tight, but so many players call me with crap and hit, that sometimes I just use the all-in bet and play less hands.

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play tight aggressive style.
For long periods of time it is the most profitable.

I think the same. If i have Good cards, im playing in agressive style, when i have bad cards, im passive.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be adaptive, play against the specific villans at my table.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer tight aggressive to start off but I temper my bets early on with a bit of a small ball approach. I prefer to pot control as best I can until I build a bit of a stack. It's just too easy to get 2 or 3 good hands in a row, bet big early, and then lose. That usually means an early exit.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Passive, Aggressive, Loose, Tight, Conservative?

it all depends what table i'm playing on. I'll either play the same or play the opposite to what the table is doing. New players should be tight, aggressive but eventually one finds that doesn't always work.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try to play loose / aggressive early on, when it's cheap, then tighten up, so that, later in the game, when I do play a hand, people think I've really hit something, which helps the occasional bluff.

Madzapzay

Madzapzay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's pretty much proven online is at least slightly more aggressive than real world poker. With that being said. If I'm catching cards early, I generally only play low side premium hands and better and find that works pretty well. At micros of course.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning tight-agressive...and at final loose-agressive....

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use tight aggressive style i think its the best way to get some big money ;D :))))