What the sample size of hands you need?

L

loaderseven

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I’m a newbie trying to learn playing poker. I recently brought Pokertracker 4 to track my result. After I do some research, I found out that people in the online poker world use bb/100 hands to determine their winrate. I would like to know what a win rate of any winning player; given these conditions.

1. 5% uncapped rake, (Its microstake so its almost never going to reach the max pot)
2. How many hands or how big of your sample size you need to determining your true win rate.

Thx

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? You play two cards and hope. Try playing with your gut. You're new, so it won't matter if you played high face cards, you're still not going to know much. You need one big hand to determine your win rate. If you use this play 100 hands method, you will most likely lose, consistently. Take the money and run.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I’m a newbie trying to learn playing poker. I recently brought Pokertracker 4 to track my result. After I do some research, I found out that people in the online poker world use bb/100 hands to determine their winrate. I would like to know what a win rate of any winning player; given these conditions.

1. 5% uncapped rake, (Its microstake so its almost never going to reach the max pot)
2. How many hands or how big of your sample size you need to determining your true win rate.

Thx

Anything above 2BB/100 is considered good and 4BB/100 is very impressive

I think if you game select extremely well and play top shelf poker you can reach 8-10BB/100

If you'd like some help choosing the right stats to help you dissect your opponents game

L

loaderseven

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything above 2BB/100 is considered good and 4BB/100 is very impressive

I think if you game select extremely well and play top shelf poker you can reach 8-10BB/100

If you'd like some help choosing the right stats to help you dissect your opponents game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__XMsZQ4HBU

how much hands olayed you need for reliable BB/100 like 250k?

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any plus winrate is good, 7-10BB/100 is very good. 50,000 hand sample.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands