What is a BOT?

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear a lot of ,"bot", but how much I play I have not seen. can and met at the table, but how to determine that this is a "bot"? and that this is just this?:confused:

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well they are a little hard to fish out unless you have played a lot of hands with them. For me it normally comes down to the amount of time I see them on. There for a while I was playing a lot online. 8-10 hours a day. There were always 2 or 3 people playing like 12 tables. Now its not impossible to play that many tables. On the other hand, if they were at the table before i started, already built a stack. I then play with them for 8 hours, they never take a break, and they are still playing when i leave. It's probably a bot.

B

Banderasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bot is an AI (artificial intelligence) that is programmed to win.It doesn't eat, sleep it can multitable. In the other hand you need to be a good programmer and a very good poker player who understands and built a winning logarithm.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's not easy to prove that you are playing with a bot. The rooms have more information about the game from these accounts. I hope that the rooms will fight with them.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way that technology is advancing security must be paramount to decrease the presence of bots. I do not know how to identify one but I believe there is.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bot is a robot. Basically a machine that automates everything so you don't have to do anything. I would've thought that pokerstars would catch the bots? Some sites are extremely strict regarding running scripts in the background.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars are very strict regarding the software that they allow to be installed on the machine. I remember in the beginning that i had installed some kind of equity calculator and while playing i received message from pokerstars client that there is problem and they sent me email with details. At this time program was not even running. It was just installed but obviously pokerstars client scans quite aggressively your computer looking for suspicious things.

Finally it was all well as they just explained me to read the FAQ with permitted and forbidden software and confirm via mail that i will not do that again. They did not freeze my account or punish me in any other way but the point is that they are definitely looking what you are doing on your machine.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in these moments I think that they do not exist, that was in the past, poker rooms like pokerstrs has very effective security systems to detect any anomaly in their systems

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bot is a computer program that 'pretends' to be a player like you or me.
The obvious advantage of the bot:
- does not get tired
- makes no mistakes
- has a model of the poker game and the players close to the pro's

For us a human player it is very difficult to identify a bot, as the pro's:
- multi table
- play long hours
- never make stupid moves
- hardly make mistakes