Verified poker

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idea.
I suggest this idea, to make poker, chess, in the future. Verified. That is, confirmed by the identity, this will protect us from intruders, bots and operators, super-users, and just scammers. Example: Let's create Verified tournaments on the poker stars platform? This is a great idea! A special feature of these tournaments is that ONLY a VERIFIED USER CAN PLAY ON it. It's the same with Cash tables.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are you going to check users?

You need to check the user continuously during the game, otherwise the check does not mean anything.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You need to check the user continuously during the game, otherwise the check does not mean anything.

Checking for Poker Stars is done once. In order to become a verified user, you must provide your identity documents. This is done once.

And if YOU are not a verified user. Then you will not get and will not be able to play on Cash and tournaments.

Only verified users can play these tournaments and cash tables.

This will prevent fraud in both chess and poker. This will make the game more open and transparent, thereby giving it interest, attracting the attention of many and new players.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the concept and agree it would be a useful development.

Potential problems (that don't discredit the merit of the proposal):
1) Verified users can still use prohibited third party software (ex. engines in chess) or collude amongst each other
2) The person actually playing the session may not be the verified user tied to the account

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If you are bored, it is better to read the book.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the concept and agree it would be a useful development.

Potential problems (that don't discredit the merit of the proposal):
1) Verified users can still use prohibited third party software (ex. engines in chess) or collude amongst each other
2) The person actually playing the session may not be the verified user tied to the account

That's right. A regular check has long been conducted in all online poker rooms. But this only means that the person who created the account has a certain set of documents. But only. This does not check whether the account will be used by a bot or any software. This does not check whether one person will play or another (different) during all sessions of the game. :rolleyes:

Probably, this requires continuous video monitoring of the game process of each online player. But this is quite complicated purely technically. And besides, not all players are ready to broadcast their game (even if they do not violate anything). Just because they want to play in different places, in different clothes and so on. Are you ready to broadcast your life? (even if no one sees this, except for the verification system). :eek:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In every big poker room you need to show your documents after registration so that you can play in real money games and withdraw funds. At pokerstars it is very detailed and it takes relatively long time. They asked me not only for my ID but of picture showing me, my ID card (readable) and monitor showing that i have logged in my account. they also asked for bill on my name and address corresponding to my ID card. So the initial check there is good in my opinion.

After initial registration the only way to check if somebody is using bots is to monitor mouse movements, and software processes on the machine which i think that stars software is quietly already doing in background.

The idea to monitor players with video camera is not possible because many players will not agree and also different laws in different countries have different limitations for that.

On windows especially (which is by far the most used operating system for pc in the world) it will always be game of cat and mouse between cheating software and poker Apps because windows allows (and will always allow) applications to mess directly with each other. Mobile device systems like android and ios are much more secure because their nature is such that applications can not directly mess with each other. That is the reason that there are no HUDs for mobile apps for example.

For me best solution would be to split the clients so that people playing from mobile devices always play against other mobile users and people playing on pc always play against pc players. This way the always open HUD versus no HUD debate will also become obsolete because people who do not want to use hud will play from their phone and people using HUD will play against other HUD users.

Maybe in future poker will be played only from mobile devices or even using special terminals with custom software and totally locked to not allow any tinkering. Nobody knows what will happen for sure. :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
If you are bored, it is better to read the book.

Lena M, I have every reason to suspect that you are not Lena M, but that you are a guy, well, or a man is playing for you. And you still have three accounts. After you pass verification, I will find 3 or even 4 or 5 related accounts.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In every big poker room you need to show your documents after registration so that you can play in real money games and withdraw funds. At pokerstars it is very detailed and it takes relatively long time. They asked me not only for my ID but of picture showing me, my ID card (readable) and monitor showing that i have logged in my account. they also asked for bill on my name and address corresponding to my ID card. So the initial check there is good in my opinion.

After initial registration the only way to check if somebody is using bots is to monitor mouse movements, and software processes on the machine which i think that stars software is quietly already doing in background.

The idea to monitor players with video camera is not possible because many players will not agree and also different laws in different countries have different limitations for that.

On windows especially (which is by far the most used operating system for pc in the world) it will always be game of cat and mouse between cheating software and poker apps because windows allows (and will always allow) applications to mess directly with each other. Mobile device systems like android and ios are much more secure because their nature is such that applications can not directly mess with each other. That is the reason that there are no HUDs for mobile apps for example.

For me best solution would be to split the clients so that people playing from mobile devices always play against other mobile users and people playing on pc always play against pc players. This way the always open HUD versus no HUD debate will also become obsolete because people who do not want to use hud will play from their phone and people using HUD will play against other HUD users.

Maybe in future poker will be played only from mobile devices or even using special terminals with custom software and totally locked to not allow any tinkering. Nobody knows what will happen for sure. :)

Verified poker will help many verified players avoid getting caught on bots linked to the neural network. I believe this will become popular for many players. This will eliminate 70% of fraud, both in Chess and poker. Also, people will not be able to play with VPN. Making poker more transparent, clean and interesting. Just enter, multiple cash tables and multiple tournaments for verified users. If you are not verified, then no one forces you to play these tournaments or cash tables.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok but how you imagine this verification to be done constantly?

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok but how you imagine this verification to be done constantly?

Why constantly? Once is enough! Your account and documents will be linked to one account. And you can't create more than one account. Because your documents will be linked to a single account. And if you create more than one and win $20,000 on the other, then you will not be able to withdraw them. Because you will be blocked because your documents are attached to another account. Yes, it will be much cleaner, we will avoid the neural network of bots by verification and there will be fewer people in the tournaments, let's say only 1,500 of the 7,000 verified users will gather. It will be much cleaner and more interesting.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you have been offering for a long time is at all poker rooms. All players are requested copies of passports and a document confirming their permanent residence. But this does not give 100% confirmation that the one whose documents are provided will play. I read on various forums about document checks and player comments on identity verification. And most players simply will not want to play with a video camera. Maybe it will be a game with a video camera in the future but not soon.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lena M, I have every reason to suspect that you are not Lena M, but that you are a guy, well, or a man is playing for you. And you still have three accounts. After you pass verification, I will find 3 or even 4 or 5 related accounts.

Paranoia is a chronic mental illness characterized by severe and delusional experiences. :)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happened to the webcam tables on 888? I remember playing at those a few years ago. Were they unpopular?

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened to the webcam tables on 888? I remember playing at those a few years ago. Were they unpopular?

Yes, I saw it! I think it's a good idea! How to deal with the neural network of bots. And in General fraud. But I can't say anything about it, I don't play 888. I didn't like it.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone who has passed verification should put an icon that he is an honest user of the client, Poker Stars. Like a tick!

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker sites could care less about "verifying" who's actually playing.. All they care about is getting your money into the site, and are only interested in who you are when you request to get your money out...

ShortEdw

ShortEdw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I totally agree how else can you check, if not immediately! but only for this you need a large resource checking