Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello friends how are you? I have a brief question and I would love to hear your opinion. What do you think of the variance in online poker, is it similar to poker with cards in hand, or do you notice a lot of difference between the two? Regards.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's the same variance ..but it takes too long to play 10k offline games. It's faster and you can multitable online.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the variance in online poker can be reduced sooner than live because there are a lot more tournaments to be played online in a much shorter amount of time.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for asking. I'm fine even if I'm still in confinement. in terms of variance. when we multitable online. we can reduce the effect of variance on our game. which is much more practical than when playing live.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is much easier to play poker online. You will never give out your card with excitement, the game is much faster, there is no need to go anywhere.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance is higher online. Three reason jump out at me...

One, online you don't have to see anyone your playing so making bluffs and calling bluffs happen a lot more frequently.

Two, it is way easier to click your chips into a pot than actually using your hands to put them in.

Three, most live players are not properly bankrolled for the game they are playing resulting in less bluffs and more straightforward play.

Hope this helps.

Hello friends how are you? I have a brief question and I would love to hear your opinion. What do you think of the variance in online poker, is it similar to poker with cards in hand, or do you notice a lot of difference between the two? Regards.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It should be the same, but it may feel different because you see so much fewer hands live.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it is the same, if you are playing a single tournament online or live.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard for me to say, but you see so many more hands online so maybe.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is the same! Maybe sometimes when you play online poker the variance is bigger 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Less variance playing online poker because you are playing a larger volume of hands....simple math answer for this one.

Regardless of your skill level, whatever variance you experience will be flattened out quicker the more hands you play.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I already had a similar question in a post. But you may not have been watching that post. I think live poker is completely different from online poker. The rules are the same, of course, but the atmosphere is completely different. In a live game, you can watch a person's reactions. Online this is completely ruled out. Since you're not starting the game right now, I'm not going to list which one is different. The point is, you can't really compare the two. This is just an opinion. Surely there are many who think otherwise.

Szyilard

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very hard

Good afternoon everyone.
It is very important to know how to deal with variance, I usually see how profitable players play, on twitch, there is a Brazilian player with nickname of himpo10, he was losing 25K and kept playing and saying that this variance in poker is normal and that an hour came the big rit and came and now he is 248K up.
I don't have this emotional control, to be losing a lot and keep playing, but knowing how to deal with variance is one of the most important fundamentals to learn in poker.
And for those who want to play poker with less truth, the cash game is a game in which when you learn it has a lot less variance.

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More hands are played online, therefore there is more variance in my opinion. Good hands.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a number of live tournaments that moved along pretty good. In a few the table had two decks with an under the table shuffler so the pace was pretty brisk. Comparing both live and online the variance is the same..it's the frequency that differs.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the difference is big. This is from the speed of the game to the poker face. You need to be a good psychologist to be successful in live poker.