Valid strategy or unfair game?

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it a valid strategy to try to deconcentrate your opponents through online poker chat? Or is it a form of unfair gambling trying to hide your flaws as a player?:cool::cool:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be part of the game but I would rather concentrate on how I play. Put making comments is part of live play as well. Cannot remember which pro I am thinking of, he is not offensive but deliberately talks excessively through opponents tough hands to affect their concentration.

Not the nicest of tactics but not banned either. But that one is more of a live tactic but highlights how chat can be used.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A lot of people will utilise chat to gain an edge. Just do not pay attention to it and focus on your game. I know a lot of people who disable chat when playing.

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not breaking any rules (unless you're outright harassing someone) but not very sportsmanlike.

A lot of the times, it doesn't even work anyway because many people have the chat disabled. :cool:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amateur hour,,,,it takes a little more than "your mom smells like combat boots!" to take me off my game. :bike:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That it was not, but if it is interesting, fun and brings you pleasure, then without hesitation, you should continue.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm amused by the comments there but I don't answer

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is not forbidden at the table can be used.
I don’t usually communicate verbally during the game, but if someone lives with it they can. Obviously if you bother someone it can nicely mute the chat and you’re done.

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s not illegal, like trash talking in other sports. Much easier to mute online though :)

Still it’s not very sportsmanlike, so depends on if you want to do that to your opponents. Definitely not something I’d do with my own friends in a live poker night.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some toxic players always use rudeness and insults to gain their psychological superiority. There is no point in paying attention to these haters, since they are flawed moron, and this is a diagnosis.)) Therefore, the "doctor", that is, you, never holds grudge against the patient.)):D:)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And the strategy is correct and not forbidden. As they say, all methods are good for victory.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started insults affected me, now its like get real I'm like a stone. Rock solid

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it a valid strategy to try to deconcentrate your opponents through online poker chat? Or is it a form of unfair gambling trying to hide your flaws as a player?:cool::cool:
The ideal thing would be to disconnect the chat or simply change tables, there are plenty of tournament or cash tables to go to, play where it is most comfortable for you.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you do not cross certain borders it is valid way to gain advantage and information. Unfortunately online play helps some people to easily say things that they would never say in live game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s part of the game, but I don’t like it. On live poker this type of strategy makes more difference because it’s difficult to ignore a player that is next to you, but on online poker I just close my chat.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had a player tell me i was the worst poker player he had ever seen after he successfully bluffed me, i dont know what his game was.

Anyway I invited him to play me heads up and sat in the lobby, waiting for him to join me i pointed this out in chat he tried to continue i pointed out well if your right easy money and repeated this several times.

This shut him up he did not come and sit me a few hands layer i took him out of the tournament I have not seen this guy come to my table again I ever offered him my phone number so we can arrange games whenever he wants that I can make. Note I did not post my phone number publicl but offered to find a way of giving him it if he wanted.

He did not take my phone number he did not sit me for heads up he did not speak anymore.

I have not heard from him in over a week now.

I thought only girls **** tease like that.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not care about chatting at all. During the game, I do not pay attention to such things at all. Therefore, if such a strategy exists, it is obvious that its effectiveness is in question.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a side trick that has low chance to work. You can attempt it and it sure attracts attention. But it is not like something unfair, on the contrary - it partially mimics conditions that live poker has.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. The chat distraction is, I feel, unwarranted. It would take away time to concentrate on others' play and my own; more harm than good .

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would work on a few people but most will just ignore it

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use chat because I don't know the language very well! but sometimes I launch a rocket))

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is not prohibited is allowed, which means it will be the right strategy. Only it is unlikely that someone will take seriously your writing in the chat.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I literally never pay attention to the chat, I just ignore it. My mind is busy focusing on the game.

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn chats off when playing online. It’s either someone trying to be distracting or just a bunch of whining. I can do without either.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I personally do not exercise the chat way to break a person's concentration. I have seen too many try that only to offend others who can file complaints. Good luck with that.

Top 10 Games