US Poker vs Non-US Poker

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some of the main differences between poker networks that allow them to cater to US and not US? WPN seems to include all regions, where some networks are more exclusive, why is that?

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WPN is not regulated in the United States which means that players are left to trust the honesty of the site because they are not under any supervision that will protect their customers from fraud of any sort.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is due to licenses in different countries. I personally prefer to play on networks which are regulated and licensed in my country because there is some control and you can protect your rights in case of problems as the operator accept local laws of the country.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Non US online poker>US online Poker.

I wish the pre Black Friday days would come back, but that's not going to happen. Hopefully more states get regulated online poker soon.

Z

ZeroThirtySeven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some of the main differences between poker networks that allow them to cater to US and not US? WPN seems to include all regions, where some networks are more exclusive, why is that?

The difference is, is that some networks are in territory's that are not under US jurisdiction. Therefore, the only thing that the US government can do to stop them from operating in the US is to stop the US banks from transferring money to and from the players accounts.

That's how I have always understood it anyways.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Non-US is more trustworthy because of regulations.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The difference is that US regulated sites have more pressure to make things more randomly possible. For me I think every site have their treak to make more money. In my experience when Full Tilt lost the license in US didn't pay me like $100.00 of the bankroll I had.

Last edited:
F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the day partypoker was the best in the U.S.

Cannot play there since 2006. I don't know what they are like now.