Time to replace the useless CALL ANY button with....

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have all used the advance action buttons or check boxes to FOLD, OR CALL in advance of our turn so we could run to the bathroom or whatever but does anyone ever use the CALL ANY button?

What exactly is it good for and when? I say we replace it with a rasie ALL IN or something more useful. What would you replace it with?

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have all used the advance action buttons or check boxes to FOLD, OR CALL in advance of our turn so we could run to the bathroom or whatever but does anyone ever use the CALL ANY button?

What exactly is it good for and when? I say we replace it with a rasie ALL IN or something more useful. What would you replace it with?
I use it fairly often? If I'm short stacked and was going all In anyway and someone raises more than my stack, or if I know im not folding to any raise and playing multiple table. But I'm also a bit different I like to let people hang themselves rather than scare them off if I think I'm ahead I'll check and call let them think they control the action.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes,but it doesnt seem to mean call any on some sites,got caught out a couple of beauties with those call any buttons.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use it fairly often? If I'm short stacked and was going all In anyway and someone raises more than my stack, or if I know im not folding to any raise and playing multiple table. But I'm also a bit different I like to let people hang themselves rather than scare them off if I think I'm ahead I'll check and call let them think they control the action.

I use it pretty often too, basically in the same situations Southpark said. Not sure if a raise all in button would be as useful. I guess they could add a "use my timebank" button so that you could set it on multiple tables if you need to go do something for a minute but dont want to miss the next hand. Currently you can only use your timebank during a hand, when it's your turn only. Not sure if people would abuse it though.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use it when there are shoves ahead of me . Some guy disconnects, and I have Aces in the hole . I click "call any" get up and use the restroom.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right - I've never used this button and I've been playing for 10 years. Pokerrromes could replace it with the button - "Fold in the last second.":D The button would often be used near the bubble.

Of course, I know that this is not possible, because the slower game is less rake and annoying most players.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree. I never used this button in my game and always wonder about the real purpose of it.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use this button for times then I previously thought. Like if I have tens and up, and just min raised when in mid stage of tourney and some guy 3 bet shoves me, then I pretty much click 'call any' if i have the most chips at the table.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. Ever. Using call any makes no sense.

T

tscheniizu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I have seen this button on pokerstars and I don't get it either.
In this case there's a button to call the Big Blind and another one for "Call any" - I don't see any advantages in having BOTH. :confused:

Could spend this space for much more useful buttons.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
If you play one table at a time I can see why you would say it is irrelevant.
It is a very useful option when multi tabling especially in hyper turbos.

Example scenario - you open with AA utg guy next to act has more chips than you and shoves there are 7 other players to act and a couple of them are snail players, hit call any and you can do something else like play on another table or some other thing not poker related like run to the washroom, go for a sandwich or beverage or even type a reply to a thread on Cardschat.

T

tscheniizu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see - but why are there two different buttons for "call (BB)" and "call any"?

Well, it makes sense to choose how much you'd like to call - especially when you cannot be at the table - but I think the limit should be more selective.

Like: Call everything, even all-in. Call max 20 BBs. And so on. [emoji1745][emoji1745][emoji1745]

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These are good tools to include in your game variation, to be put in a hand (represent), don't meaning you got to use'm frequently.
I seldom use these check boxes. But the more tools he have the more interesting things happen at the table.

Best of Lucky

Last edited:
pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play one table at a time I can see why you would say it is irrelevant.
It is a very useful option when multi tabling especially in hyper turbos.

Example scenario - you open with AA utg guy next to act has more chips than you and shoves there are 7 other players to act and a couple of them are snail players, hit call any and you can do something else like play on another table or some other thing not poker related like run to the washroom, go for a sandwich or beverage or even type a reply to a thread on Cardschat.

I find that I use it very seldom but if doing 6 tables do get to use it once in a while or if getting a cup of coffee but mostly find me clicking the check/fold button

:turtle::frown::reddy::frown::turtle:​

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It isn't totally useless. It helps the stations to call even more easily. Not a bad thing.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
"call any" is very useful in mixed games.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a raise all in button would be much more useful, but I am also interested in what others think. If you are prepared to call any why would you not be prepared to go all in instead? How is it more advantageous to call any? What if the pot gets reraised after your call any?

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not replace anything. Everything is so good.

S

Sideshowfreak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On 888 it doesn’t even work you can tick it but when it’s your decision it is exactly that you have to choose what to do, so yes it needs replacing.