Time Away

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was away from playing online for a bit; hospital visit and then a lot of work. I've been trying to get back in the groove but I'm finding it difficult. I'm still freerolling for the most part, and things seem to keep getting in the way. On top of that, I feel like I lost the momentum I had before I went into the hospital.

I suppose I need to just keep playing on until I feel like I'm back in the right game mode, but has anyone experienced a slump after trying to return to regular play? What did you do to get back to where you once were?

I'm a little frustrated, since it almost seems like I'm starting from scratch. :(

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You basicly are starting from scratch your time off gave you time to rest and recover but it took you off your discipline and got you out of rythme and your taking bad lines compared to what you usually do. What you need to do is get back in the groove and put some volume in and start using the standard lines that you would usually take and than your results will comeback into shape. It may take some time depend on how long of a break you took and were you mental game is right now some people take longer than other to bounce back than other from stuff like a hospital stay.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message #8

Congratulations on your recovery! I don't know, too long did not play after returning to the game understand that it is impossible to break because the system of play of the hand with whom I played and worked it all out of my head, the result again from scratch slowly for a little bit but now remembering if not then. Good luck in the game to us people with bad memory. Because professionals say the skill is not to drink.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now you are stronger than before and i think that you should use the same mentality at the poker table.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching poker, it moves at a snails pace. Poker as a collective whole moves at light speed. Focus on learning to make up for lost time.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are the best players in the world the best? Because they are constantly learning. I think that you should go back to learning the strategy in a given variety if you want to make a profit. Good luck

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the support, all of you! :)

I've been doing better the last couple of days. I made it to Step 3 on the Venom and feel like it's all slowly coming back to me. This weekend should be a better indicator since I've got a little more time to play. I'm trying to get back into studying and playing as you have suggested. I guess it just takes some time.

Thanks again, all! :)

Tamik228

Tamik228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was away from playing online for a bit; hospital visit and then a lot of work. I've been trying to get back in the groove but I'm finding it difficult. I'm still freerolling for the most part, and things seem to keep getting in the way. On top of that, I feel like I lost the momentum I had before I went into the hospital.

I suppose I need to just keep playing on until I feel like I'm back in the right game mode, but has anyone experienced a slump after trying to return to regular play? What did you do to get back to where you once were?

I'm a little frustrated, since it almost seems like I'm starting from scratch. :(
It's okay to start from scratch no, you have a CC forum where you will definitely be helped. Good luck in the games and do not worry, everything will be fine with you. :icon_thum

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I also found myself in a similar situation. After a break of 4 years, I began to re-learn poker, remember strategies. freerolls are very helpful in this. And it already starts to seem that the break was insignificant.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I Believe this happens to anyone for some reason. Time is king, play when you get the mud, and you'll back to the track soon.