Things that you believe/believed in online poker

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the things that you believe or used to believe in online poker? For example, about an year ago, I believed that there's is a "lucky" avatar on rooms and if you find it, you'll be more luckier than with the old avatar and because of it, I've changed a lot of avatars trying to find the lucky one.

Nowadays, I belive that there's the "lucky" tournament where you'll succeed more than on others. For example, you play 2 tournaments. In the first one, you win 1 flip and then lose all of your chips on a huge cooler. In the second one, you win couple of flips, getting nice hands and coolering other people, sucking out and busting people right and left. You just feel like this tournament is made for you. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll win it but you'll have a great chance to do so. Also, I don't call it as a distance or something. It might happen in a short amount of time.
Do you believe somethings like this?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Surprised no one is pitching in on this topic. I used to think online poker is like live poker. Now I believe online poker is to live poker like what WWE is to the UFC.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i believe everyone will always have conspiracy theories that are totally wrong about online poker and life in general

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I didn't believe that there were bots in online poker. I thought everyone was a real person playing online poker. I also thought online poker was rigged, because that was what people were saying. It turns out that with bots and the guy who had the program where you could see everyone's whole cards, online poker was rigged for those players.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't believe that there were bots in online poker. I thought everyone was a real person playing online poker. I also thought online poker was rigged, because that was what people were saying. It turns out that with bots and the guy who had the program where you could see everyone's whole cards, online poker was rigged for those players.
there is no program, outside of the company server, that you can use to see every ones hold cards. for 1 the cards that are in your hand are not sent to anyone else except you. then if you go to show down then and after all bets are in the cards are sent to everyone that was still in the hand to show who was the actual winner. The only place that has all the hands is in the server that is running the program. Now it is possible to hack a server to get that information but that is very unlikely and very hard to do with out getting detected. There was a case where an employee who worked for an online poker room had access and utilized a backdoor program so he could get all the cards sent to his computer. This was very poor auditing control by that poker room. it was discovered and the person faced criminal charges. but there is no program you can get online or anywhere that will allow you to see other players cards. It has to be an inside job in a poorly run online poker room.

Last edited:
A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe you can win more than 3 hands in a row and if you do, you're bound to suffer a great loss soon.

Last edited:
Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believed from the very beginning that online poker is a program with its rigid algorithms, this program includes combinations of cards that fall to all players. If in this period of time in the program laid your loss then you lose no matter how hard you try to win. This does not mean that it is impossible to win, you need to have a little skill, and you also need to understand that other players also depend on this program that they also lose. You just may be luckier than the enemy, or vice versa.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe everyone will always have conspiracy theories that are totally wrong about online poker and life in general
This is exactly how I feel. People will always develop conspiracy theories instead of looking internally for holes in their game or flaws in their logic. It’s so much easier to blame external outlets for our issues. The mentally strong will always look internally for ways to improve.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think winning can become a familiar feeling that can be recognized to win again.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe what my eyes tell me,,,, also i believe i'll have another beer :beer:
Eyes not always sees the truth. You might not know the people's actual intentions depending on how they treat you or act. Can't argue with the 2nd one. Maybe you did had a nice couple of beers:).

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to believe and still does, that if your happy in life, nothing extrodinary but still happy, you make smarter decission when playing poker. because you are in harmony.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to believe and still does, that if your happy in life, nothing extrodinary but still happy, you make smarter decission when playing poker. because you are in harmony.
Totally agree.
I would add also being healthy and just joyfull it manifests on the tables.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hi, I'm a little bit, but there are different rooms.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

- Morpheus, Matrix-Code.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What is the things that you believe or used to believe in online poker? For example, about an year ago, I believed that there's is a "lucky" avatar on rooms and if you find it, you'll be more luckier than with the old avatar and because of it, I've changed a lot of avatars trying to find the lucky one.

Nowadays, I belive that there's the "lucky" tournament where you'll succeed more than on others. For example, you play 2 tournaments. In the first one, you win 1 flip and then lose all of your chips on a huge cooler. In the second one, you win couple of flips, getting nice hands and coolering other people, sucking out and busting people right and left. You just feel like this tournament is made for you. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll win it but you'll have a great chance to do so. Also, I don't call it as a distance or something. It might happen in a short amount of time.

No!

But... I 'did' believe you might be a decent player from the first time I saw you playing in one of the Cardschat game. Do I still believe this today? Well... I saw you playing today and YES... I still think you're a decent player.... definitely better than most on the CC tables. You might want to toss the 'lucky' avatar &/or tourney ideas though... seems like a bit of a waste of effort imo.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Surprised no one is pitching in on this topic. I used to think online poker is like live poker. Now I believe online poker is to live poker like what WWE is to the UFC.

I'll take a shot.
I used to think online poker was amazing... but was a bit leery of how the cards ran out. I thought I was amazing at poker but learned that I really wasn't good at all. Once I got a bit better at the game, I came to believe that 'online poker is still amazing' but it just doesn't have anywhere near the opportunities it once had for a player.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I do. In principle, it is, at least for me.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Im right there with you. If there are bots at a table then IMO its rigged. I dont think its rigged in that someone can see everyone's hole cards but i do think its predetermined who its going to favor at a table. you see guys(calling stations and donks) calling everything and hitting almost everything. I used to believe donks and calling stations were my bread and butter cause they were when i first started online and are playing live but that is no longer the case. Im the feeding zone for horrible calls. If you want to win a pot just call when im in it i can promise you your BS cards will beat my big pocket pairs and very good cards:mad:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im right there with you. If there are bots at a table then IMO its rigged. I dont think its rigged in that someone can see everyone's hole cards but i do think its predetermined who its going to favor at a table. you see guys(calling stations and donks) calling everything and hitting almost everything. I used to believe donks and calling stations were my bread and butter cause they were when i first started online and are playing live but that is no longer the case. Im the feeding zone for horrible calls. If you want to win a pot just call when im in it i can promise you your BS cards will beat my big pocket pairs and very good cards:mad:

ha ha ha... good one! :rock:

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Brilliant.
It's too weird to invent some theories rather than improve their skill and play better.

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I sometimes think something about the avatars:
When you use an avatar with red colors, people tend to respect you more.
Sometimes if you use tender avatars (like a tender kitten) it seems that you generate tenderness and then people do not play aggressively against you ... they are things that cross my mind LOL.:laugh::laugh:
Another thing is that when you use general avatars of the room people think you are a new player without experience and then try to play aggressively against you and make bluffs, and this, if you know how to play well, it is possible to take advantage of it.:):)

And finally and the most important that I think it's if you play well, you always will make money.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
believe or not believe ??? but I keep playing it ...

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just what i believe

just a little bit of a bad one but i will no longer sit at a cash table and play Russian players and if i am playing in a hand in a tournament with Russians i will avoid pots with the no matter what cards i have, i do not say this to cause offence to people i just believe it to be an actual fact that pokerstars favours Russian players massively... but just what i believe :) some of you who had experiences like me will agree with what i am saying and others wont.

robert