There is racism in online poker

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, to be honest, I've never noticed this in online poker ... and have you had situations?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Racism? No, what you are saying is classism? Where the more money you have, the better leg up you have in winning the most money.
I don't have enough money myself to just blow it. So this pertains to me I guess. I play against a lot of people that have a lot more disposable money available to lose without batting an eye.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The fifth year, while playing online, I have never encountered any racism

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have encountered this several times on pokerstars.

I used to play in some games regularly where an Australian expat used to show up and play with his GF (who was also living in another separate country-poker was their daily get together online). As soon as he'd lose a hand he would start in with some racist filth that he felt was apt for a player from whichever country they came from...germany, france, anywhere Asia. It was outrageous.

He wasn't the only one.

The thing was at that time PS still had an avenue for instant contact with the mods who would then throw him out. Unbelievably, he and his GF would just show up again days later and start in again which was really disappointing.

I have seen endless racist and homophobic rubbish in the chat boxes which is why I generally have them closed now.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen racism in online poker. In everyday life, I saw them more.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no bad nations, there are bad and annoying people and most often they are from the same country

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a sense of impunity and distance from the opponent allows some to write various nasty things. and this is not just in poker but all over the Internet

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never noticed racism in online poker.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, to be honest, I've never noticed this in online poker ... and have you had situations?

If of course you have had this racism in online poker very often, friend, I remember that there are a lot more poker players at the moment than before.

K

KnyzSV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I think this is still a system. Since every business, which is online poker, should be profitable, that's why privileges are created for larger depositors. Rather, it is a division into classes. It’s purely my opinion)

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never really noticed racism in online poker. Honestly I don't even know where the players I'm playing against are from. My notes only reference their player tendencies not their origin. A fish is a fish no matter their ethnicity lol. I'm not saying it's not there just haven't seen it personally.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only one time after I took a huge stack from a player online he called me the N word I just laughed because I'm white. Didn't cross my mind that it was racist just a sore loser. just added to the satisfaction of putting him or her out

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.
Yes, there is more, it’s different racism, it’s like xenophobia. I have already witnessed players from one country scolding another player from one country just for being from another country.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism? That I have not seen, but if I have seen people who insult themselves for thinking they are better, I have seen it numerous times, I have even seen it in cardchat freeroll tournaments saying fish to another participant. The truth is that we are living very hard things in the world to put emphasis on online poker, that does not mean that it is not important but it is a matter of priorities.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In the years I have been playing online I have never seen racist deals between players.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I did once get a chat ban at a poker site for asking a guy I was friendly with this question about his picture "are you the black guy in the picture" picture was of three men two white one black someone then reported me for racism.

I don't see it that much myself normally for play money idiots or people in freerolls(none cc ones)..

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, there is more, it’s different racism, it’s like xenophobia. I have already witnessed players from one country scolding another player from one country just for being from another country.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I sort of agree with this...but...I believe it more pointed.

I happen to be an expat living in a different continent than the one where born, so I am a different race than the locals. Because my country of residence appears on line, people assume I am that race and many have felt fit to make abusive comments. Its pathetic as it comes from a weird view of superiority.

So I have had my fellow countrymen abuse me occasionally and Americans. But the two worst from personal experience are Australians who frequently have a casual attitude to racism (I have spent time there so know first hand) and Russians who just seem to enjoy being rude as race baiting is frequently coupled with homophobic comments.

Yes, the majority of on line players are civil and I know some Russians who are really sweet etc, but the idea some have never witnessed on line racism is a little surprising to me.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In particular, a lot has happened to me because I am Venezuelan and I always have many insults when I win a hand to a RUSSO, Ukranian and United Kingdom. They get very upset and start with very offensive comments, from so many comments that they have told me now I sometimes return that insults and enough racism in online poker

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well when people are mad and want to write something mean to you, they only have an option to write some crap about your country or nationality cause that's the only info they have (and already not in all rooms lol).

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that what you are saying does not make any sense, what if there are people who like to insult the chat simply because they are behind a screen, they would never tell you from the front

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a username that is a slang phrase used primarily by African Americans, and despite not being black myself, have been called the n-word after beating someone out of a pot. So yes, racism (and just plain idiocy) definitely exists in online poker.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately there is racism everywhere... Maybe one day we won't have to worry about this thing anymore. But on my perspective yes, there is racism in poker online and live. I wish that this people who make racists comments should be banned from online poker websites and also be disqualified from live tournaments.. cuz c'mon, it's pretty easy to do that